Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protein supplements??

Options
  • 20-09-2012 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi all, I am considering using protein powder as part of my post training nutrition. I suppose I will be adding it to a smoothie. I have been using peanut butter for some extra protein but am starting to find it a wee bit sickening.

I'm doing a good bit of strength and conditioning work in the gym, along with running and cycling(swimming is out at the moment) and I think the protein will help with my recovery.

So my question is-what protein supplement should I choose(should I use one at all), what do you use for recovery, and where best to buy from? That's more that one question I know...

I'm going to do a bit of research on this, but thought I'd ask over here first for some one to one advise.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

I know very little about it but I sprinkle half a scoup into my porridge and just use the stuff from Holland and Barrett. Probably better to include eggs though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

An appointment to a dietitian that works with lots of sports people would be best to judge if you need this stuff. As taking this stuff long term can be very expensive you want to make sure you do need it and that you are taking the right thing and correct amount if you do. I did this and I think it was money well spent.

Advertisement