Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tyre size help

• 07-04-2012 10:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭

Hey i have been ringing up for tyre quotes on 235 40 18 tyres and most places say they have very little... I'm just wondering would 225 40 18 fit on my audi rs4 wheels?? Because there easier to get and alot cheaper too...
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

The 225's will have a lower profile sidewall then the 235's so you'll have a harsher ride and more likely to damage them on bad roads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

The 225's will have a lower profile sidewall then the 235's so you'll have a harsher ride and more likely to damage them on bad roads.

So you wouldn't recommend it then nissan doctor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

gollywog wrote: »

What car are they fitted to? If its a Golf the 225's are ok, if its a Passat/A4 etc then the 235's are better suited.

gollywog wrote: »

What car are they fitted to? If its a Golf the 225's are ok, if its a Passat/A4 etc then the 235's are better suited.

Ya its an a4 alrite... Damn thought cheaper tyres prices were on the horizon! Cheers nissan doctor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,295 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you can find a place to get them fitted then you have the option to buy them online here:

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m61b0s322p0/Car_Tyres_-_MPV_Tyres_-_People_Carrier_Tyres_-_18%5C_inch_R18_inch_-_235_40_18_235_40_R_18

I bought plenty of tyres from them, there can be savings and better choice buying online in the larger more awkward sizes than buying locally. Even taking getting them fitted and balanced I saved about €100. Delivery is prompt too.

The Falken FK 452, Kumho, Hankook are probably the best value there or if you can stretch your budget to the Vrederstein Ultrac Sessanta (which I have at the moment and find great).

• Advertisement

I've neen quoted locally 160 a tyre for the vredesteins fitted and balanced so thats cheaper than camskill taking everything into account which is a great deal imo... Also been quoted 133 a corner for the Hankook k110 v12 evo which will be hard to turn down too... Would there be a huge difference in quality??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,295 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They are good prices, no personal experience of the Hankooks so cannot advise you on them. I'm happy with the Vredesteins though.

You can get reviews of both here:- http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/

225 45 18s would be preferrable to 225 40 18s in your case OP. Dunno are they cheaper than 235 40 18s though.

RoverJames wrote: »
    225 45 18s would be preferrable to 225 40 18s in your case OP. Dunno are they cheaper than 235 40 18s though.

Really? Do they wouldn't be as low a profile?? Makes sense. I'll look em up so cheers

Advertisement