Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stop light on dash

Options
  • 20-04-2013 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

Was driving home there today and the stop light was flashing on my car alongside the red caution light (light that comes on when handbrake is on). Obviously my handbrake was not on but the stop light was flashing so I presumed it was quite serious.

I was minutes from home so decided to keep driving as it was a busy road, made it back to the house. Switched off the engine and turned the car back on, car starts perfectly again an no sign of the stop light flashing or the caution light once the handbrake has been let off

Does anyone have any ideas what this could be? In my own head it literally could be anything

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

What car/year? Peuguot?
    Get someone to read the stored fault codes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

biko wrote: »
    What car/year? Peuguot?
    Get someone to read the stored fault codes.

Yeah its a 04 Peugeot 307 diesel

would you have any idea what it could be?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not sure tbh, so get any stored codes read by a garage.
    Could be low brake fluid, if I'm not mistaken the brake light is used for more than just indicating handbrake is on.
    Check brake fluid level, do you know where the brake fluid bottle is inthe engine bay? It'll say on the cap (and also Dot3 or Dot4).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

biko wrote: »
    Not sure tbh, so get any stored codes read by a garage.
    Could be low brake fluid, if I'm not mistaken the brake light is used for more than just indicating handbrake is on. Check brake fluid level.

will do, thanks for that mate

Advertisement