Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Horizon box failing to record - why?

Options
  • 06-09-2014 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

I don't watch much TV but SWMBO does a lot. Every week or so she comes to me in a blazing rage to say one of her favourite programs has not recorded.
    It had recorded the previous weeks but has now failed. Zilch. Nada.
    Is this a common problem with the Horizon box?
    It never happened with the old box.
    It never happened with SKY.
    Divorce is pending if this is not sorted soon :)
    ANY suggestions will be entertained - please.
    G.

Why do we use UPC? I need the broadband speed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,331 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Sometimes a program series ends and another one starts so the box won't record it and you only discover this when you miss a recording. This happened me last week with 'Pointless' which is on BBC1 on weekdays from 5:15 to 6 p.m., it suddenly went from Series 7 to Series 8 so I missed one or two episodes and had to reprogram it.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭gerdalt

Thanks for that suggestion.
    It could explain one or two such failures but this has happened a bit too often to be due to a series change.
    G.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

A upc suggested to me it can because you too many timers set at the same time. I would have assumed the box would stop you doing this. I don't really trust what the upc reps say.

I find it happens more often when I've more than two things set to record at the same. I don't the box can handle it all the time.

I've also noticed things I've record often don't have the episode no or season. Perhaps if they are missing this happens
    there's a setting to record a series on one channel or all channels. Maybe try that. You can delete the extras after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Anybody else's Horizon fail to record The Terry Wogan tribute show that was on last night on BBC1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Daily here - constant failures. Tonight it was Bake Off. Very annoying. Waiting on Vodafone TV to give that a go. Horizon is so poor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement