Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MMDS Channels

• 09-09-2014 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi all

Currently with UPC and am moving from the city to the country.
    However UPC isn't in the country so they told me I could get the MMDS service for tv, but they wouldn't have all the channels available.

I was just wondering what channels were on it, and if it was any good?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭kooga

If you can only get MMDs at your location it also means no UPC phone or bRoadband

With MMDS there is no record or HD function

My parents have MMDS in a rural area, you get the usual rte 1,2 bbc 1 2 utv ch4 more 4 e4 comedy channels. you can subscribe to movies and sports both sky and bt sport.

To be honest at €32.50 a month stand alone less the 3.50 my upc discount very hard to compete if you want pay tv with a basic sky sub which at the moment is being offered for €21 a month

However if you factor in subscribing to upc €354 a year or sky €252 a year would it not be an option to go saorview and FTA satellite €250 €350 which is a years sub will go along way to getting a nice set up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

One other thing to note, MMDS will cease in about 18 months time and UPC are basically winding down the service, 33,600 MMDS subscribers and reducing at last count.

The MMDS Licences expire in April 2016 and won't be renewed - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83862302#post83862302 (unless of course UPC bid for the spectrum when it comes up for auction and relaunch MMDS under new technical conditions)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭kooga

dani27 wrote: »
    Hi all

Currently with UPC and am moving from the city to the country.
    However UPC isn't in the country so they told me I could get the MMDS service for tv, but they wouldn't have all the channels available.

I was just wondering what channels were on it, and if it was any good?

Thanks in advance

FYI if you want a pay tv service, there is a graet sky offer with car phone warehouse

Variety pack and hd for €15 a month normally €51. 12 month contract would be far cheaper with a better channel selection that UPC MMDS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

MMDS is poor value for Pay TV.
    If you only want Irish & Main UK channels, get TV aerial and Freesat.
    If you want Sky Sports etc, order Sky.

Advertisement