Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test

Options
  • 21-01-2013 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi All
    Did a test during xmas and failed unfortunately, but being honest and not trying to blame others but I was certain that my tester marked very harshly on more than one occasion. Gutted, as a result especially given that ive plenty of driving experience and spent a small fortune on lessons i no longer have.
    Anyways, for this job that im been offered, its essential that i have a full licence by the starting date which is March 5th. (Financially badly needed)
    Not long notice I know but Im told if i keep calling for cancellations(currently on waiting list), ill may get something by then?? Do anyone know if this true??

Furthermore, an instructor told me that in a lot of centres waiting lists are dragged out to keep jobs and if gave the RSA my story they might try and squeeze me in???

As I need,as opposed to want the test, any info would be greately appreciated .

xxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

Have you applied yet? I applied online the other day and got to choose a date and time only 4 weeks away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

From where I passed mine was they were more generous in the mornings, It took me three times to pass mine, 2 were in the afternoon and failed both, 6 of my friends had similar results, so try get in during the mornings, put it down to chance or whatever you want but it worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rockingout

Hi am yes I have applied online and all,, great news for you and best of luck in test, surely if i explain my circumstances they may help me?? :)

Thanks for the info my first test was in the morning funnily enough was a disaster was wrongly accused by tester of driving too close to parked cars and everything and got 3 marks for roundabouts,, few weeks later and im still scratching my head as to how i could have gotten those marks,,, had you the same tester each time ?? I just hope i dont get the person again,, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

rockingout wrote: »
    Hi am yes I have applied online and all,, great news for you and best of luck in test, surely if i explain my circumstances they may help me?? :)

TBH I don't think they care why you need the test, since it's so easy to get a company letter. Just keep ringing early in the morning looking for cancellations and be willing to do the test in other centres if possible.
    Thanks for the info my first test was in the morning funnily enough was a disaster was wrongly accused by tester of driving too close to parked cars and everything and got 3 marks for roundabouts,, few weeks later and im still scratching my head as to how i could have gotten those marks,,, had you the same tester each time ?? I just hope i dont get the person again,, :)

You can appeal if you think you where marked incorrectly, but not too sure if you'd get a retest before you need the full licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jammywammy

Hi All
    Did a test during xmas and failed unfortunately, but being honest and not trying to blame others but I was certain that my tester marked very harshly on more than one occasion. Gutted, as a result especially given that ive plenty of driving experience and spent a small fortune on lessons i no longer have.
    Anyways, for this job that im been offered, its essential that i have a full licence by the starting date which is March 5th. (Financially badly needed)
    Not long notice I know but Im told if i keep calling for cancellations(currently on waiting list), ill may get something by then?? Do anyone know if this true??

Furthermore, an instructor told me that in a lot of centres waiting lists are dragged out to keep jobs and if gave the RSA my story they might try and squeeze me in???

As I need,as opposed to want the test, any info would be greately appreciated .

xxx

Firstly, you instructor was wrong to say that waiting lists are dragged out to keep jobs. That is incorrect.
    Also, if you feel your tester was incorrect to mark you harshly you can defo appeal.
    And if you ring the driving testing section thy shouldnt have a problem giving you a date before march. They are good at facilitating.
    My advice would be to focus in particular on the areas that the tester marked you on in your last test and try and improve on them Wishing you all the best with your next test and the best of luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 rockingout

jammywammy wrote: »
    Firstly, you instructor was wrong to say that waiting lists are dragged out to keep jobs. That is incorrect.
    Also, if you feel your tester was incorrect to mark you harshly you can defo appeal.
    And if you ring the driving testing section thy shouldnt have a problem giving you a date before march. They are good at facilitating.
    My advice would be to focus in particular on the areas that the tester marked you on in your last test and try and improve on them Wishing you all the best with your next test and the best of luck :)

thanks hopefully itll be ok next time aroung fyi couldnt be much worse than the first time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kirra

Can anyone help me with getting book/cd for Driver test.Any tips would be appreciated.

Advertisement