Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Killjoys (Syfy - US Pace) [*** Spoilers ***]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Episode 6; all I can say is give me more of that...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

I thought this was a pretty good episode, not as good as last week but they are definitely winning me over. I reckon I'll stick with this until the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I thought it was just okay- Dutch's mentor is an interesting character and Killjoys is sorely in need of more of these. Pity the storyline is not just about Dutch and him since the brothers are just so boring.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

This show is on the up while Dark Matter is nosediving.
    At the end why was Dutch's mentor guy immune to stabs anyway?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I thought it was just okay- Dutch's mentor is an interesting character and Killjoys is sorely in need of more of these. Pity the storyline is not just about Dutch and him since the brothers are just so boring.
    Pure speculation but I'd not be surprised to see a cross over of the two story lines; we have a dark weapon (i.e. highly illegal with potential to wipe out a full line of the 11 for example or more likely the royal/empire galaxy line which Dutch was part of the Harem and trained to defend the family off) and a soldier who's killed his whole squad (most likely due to some form of mind control be it through gas, turning them into enemies in his eyes or what ever) who has physical mental blocks added to stop the information from coming out.

That smells of "secret black ops conspiracy" to me who're going to try to overthrow <something> and make themselves rulers. This in turn leads to the Killjoys lining up on both sides to support/attack it when it happens etc. Esp. as it appears it may be bigger then the current systems in scope (i.e. the comment about what the trainer's doing in these systems implying that Dutch and he is not natives to the system).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    This show is on the up while Dark Matter is nosediving.
    At the end why was Dutch's mentor guy immune to stabs anyway?

I thought it was the link device again even though it was removed but it was not very clear.

Still prefer dark matter. Their episode this week was very fun.

Potatoeman wrote: »
    I thought it was the link device again even though it was removed but it was not very clear.
    That was my first thought too until I remembered it was still pulled out. Even so, how does a hologram (besides Rimmer) throw people around? Script spaghetti me thinks.

Another good episode; it's nice that they are finally moving away from the 1 story per episode style.

Nody wrote: »
    Another good episode; it's nice that they are finally moving away from the 1 story per episode style.

I have to agree. I think this was the first episode where they concentrated on developing the three main characters without having a RAC mission to go on. The last three episodes have been far better than the rest of the series. The show seems to be heading in the right direction.

I particularly liked the fight scene. There was a certain sexual equality about the fact that although she was in her knickers at least D'Avin was shirtless, so everyone had something to look at. I'm not really buying that she could win against a guy who is built like D'Avin but the fight choreography and stunt coordination where very well handled.

Yeah really god episode. All the characters had some development in this episode. I thought some of the fight scene looked a bit awkward with there being parity between the two even though he had a good few pounds on her but you could see that Dutch feared that he would eventually get the upper hand when she ran off. love the chemistry between them.
    Hope both Dark matter and Killjoys get renewed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

to be fair they have already made it abundantly clear that dutch is no mere killjoy, shes is extremely well trained, and as she said she was 8 when she killed first, davin himself said it that there is a lot more to dutch than meets the eye, and thats coming from a stone cold killer like him,

plenty of fighting techniques out there that are designed specifically for overcoming a physically superior opponent, so i dont find it in anyway unbelievable,

its nice to also get more background again on what happening outside the quad, first its dutchs mentor, and now the doctor was also on about something coming to the quad,

also gonna be interesting to see what happens with yerone asking dutch for the favor later,

I thought the last episode was incredibly boring TBH. I really don't give a sh1t about Dutch's love life and all their personal issues. Bunch of bloody women...

I thought the last episode was incredibly boring TBH. I really don't give a sh1t about Dutch's love life and all their personal issues. Bunch of bloody women...
    Boring? Seeing how the story progressed and the information revealed I enjoyed it quite a bit...

I'm with you on this one Dan. I only watched the episode a couple of days ago but still couldn't for the life of me remember what it was about, so I had to have a quick flick through it just now to remind myself. I found it very dull.

I have just downloaded yesterdays episode but am not in the mood for watching it yet. That is a chore I will have to tackle tomorrow.

thought it was a pretty good episode, a lot revealed, i wonder what hes role is in the RAC, obviously off book stuff, he has access to tech far beyond whats available in the quad as we already know, i wonder what he plans with the other fella, thought he killed him till i saw him coming back for him,

yeah the romance stuff does drag the show down, i think they could have done much better, even at the start with dutch just ****ing around seemed a better fit, why does there have to be romance amongst the team, and even if they wanted to do that, at least leave it till season 3 or 4,

don ramo wrote: »
    at least leave it till season 3 or 4,
    You think this show will last 4 seasons!?!?

You think this show will last 4 seasons!?!?
    no, its just a way of explaining how to build a proper story, but in saying that if it get a second season itll probably get 5, syfy tends to give shows a fair go,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Alright finale, hope it gets a second season

Yeah as first seasons go it wasn't that bad. Though with all their trips to Old Town it really seemed they were mostly just moving between two planets. If it doesn't get a second season I won't be that disappointed but it does have potential, so would watch a second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Pretty good finale I thought - lots of things tied up a bit, but a lot more left open. I'm kind of glad the showrunners decided to leave a few things open with the hope for a 2nd season

• Advertisement

I liked that more than most episodes. I still don't find the whole RAC thing that believable and the way they operate is ludicrous. They just all seem to do what they like whenever they like. Why would anyone let Dutch in to see a top security prisoner with a bag full of who knows what gear? The tech is bizarre but I guess it's SF lite and we're not supposed to pay too much attention. How did Kline find the hacker bird?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

With everything I usually watch either finishing up for the season, or entirely, I figured I'd give some of last summers fillers a go; gave killjoys a miss the first time around, but beggers can't be choosers n all.

It's actually not bad, if a little too eager to be 'quippy' and self aware, without the smart writing to back it up. The interruptions of eurotrash pop tracks really bleeds the ears though, hope that got sidelined for the second season

• Registered Users Posts: 60,285 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season 2 kicks off tonight in the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Decent opener. It really needed a "Previously on..." segment because I was lost for the first 10 or 15 minutes. I forgot about Khlyen, where Davin was etc.

Clara was pretty badass (Stephanie Leonidas can do no wrong in my eyes). I hope her role is recurring.

The new comic book intro was great too - the intro song last year annoyed the shite out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I alway re-watch the last episode of the previous season to combat being lost for the first couple of minutes with great shows I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,807 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Have to say, this season is much better already. I've even caught myself starting to like D'Avin this episode! They gave him some quirkiness, and it worked for the most part. Also interesting as to how that ended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

One can also see that they have invested some more money into the production, especially the outfits with some custom designs and stuff.

To bad it's again only a short season, but I still hope it's going to get another season.

Advertisement