Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

just found this irish websites that are realy cheap for computer cable

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I've used them a couple of times and had no bother with them at all, quick postage as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭concubar

"Your purchase from us will be automatically covered by our exclusive free" replacement warranty program.
    100 Days Warranty.

Is 1 year warranty not the norm ?,
    does not instill confidense in the quality of the products, :rolleyes:
    for small items fine, larger products id shop elsewhere with a proper warranty,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

http://www.adverts.ie/member/366243

Member on Adverts for past year, good feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭FatB

concubar wrote: »
    "Your purchase from us will be automatically covered by our exclusive free" replacement warranty program.
    100 Days Warranty.

Well, under the distance selling part of the legislation in Ireland, you would be entitled to a lot more anyway. He would have no choice but to comply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

used syncron before too no probs grand service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Pretty cool... €5.35 for a spare battery for my Desire HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

ordered a few bits yesterday, here in the post this morning.Great service, glad to have found them, I hope they do well.The iphone repait service looks very reasonable too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

very good service , ive ordered plenty of Ipod screens etc from them

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

bpb101 wrote: »
    computer cables can be quite dear , a vga cable in argos is €15
    and a parallel to usb in peats is €10 and €9 p& p

this place sell cables like this for €3 with free p & p

check them out

http://www.syncron.ie/

http://myworld.ebay.ie/syncron-irl/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

there ebay place is a bit dearer

havent used them yet but i getting a cable off them next week ,

How did you get them with free delivery? anything I look at has a delivery charge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

Mr E wrote: »

Thanks for the heads up. Just got a spare battery foot my desire for €5.25 including postage. Good stuff.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Are all these products legit?

They're selling PS3 pads for less than 20e and they're 44 in HMV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Are all these products legit?

They're selling PS3 pads for less than 20e and they're 44 in HMV.

They're not official Sony controllers, says so in the description and it comes with a USB receiver so they're probably not bluetooth controllers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 McColl06

He just does drop shipping from dealextreme.com. Save yourself the bother as it comes unmarked from them anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

McColl06 wrote: »
    He just does drop shipping from dealextreme.com.

ordered a few bits yesterday, here in the post this morning.Great service, glad to have found them

He obviously does more that just drop shipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

concubar wrote: »
    100 Days Warranty.

lets call a spade a spade , your not going to send back a cable after a year

TriStar6 wrote: »
    How did you get them with free delivery? anything I look at has a delivery charge

go to their wesite ,
    the product is a few cent more but no postage fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭antocann

He just does drop shipping from dealextreme.com. Save yourself the bother as it comes unmarked from them anyway.

dont think their dropshipping

http://www.syncron.ie/aboutus.asp
    *Order before 5:00pm Monday to Thursday and your order will be delivered on the next working day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

That's rubbish man, He's not drop shipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

He might be buying some stuff there, but anything i ordered comes next day, and normally takes a bout a month from deal extreme.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

I bought a hdmi cable and a simcard reader, got an email that says they have been shipped, next day now & neither have arrived.

Sent them an email earlier, no reply as yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭concubar

lets call a spade a spade , your not going to send back a cable after a year

I did say its fine for small items, ( ie, a cable ) :rolleyes:

" just saying if i were buying a more expensive item i would like a proper warranty and 100 days is not that "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

spongbob wrote: »
    I bought a hdmi cable and a simcard reader, got an email that says they have been shipped, next day now & neither have arrived.

Sent them an email earlier, no reply as yet!

Same story here, item "supposedly" shipped 2 days ago. From Lucan, and I'm in Clondalkin...

I ordered a new Desire HD battery and 2 USB cables yesterday morning, received them today (in Limerick).

my order still never arrived 2 weeks later

going to ask paypal to step in, had no luck with this shop and its customer service.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Am waiting over a week for an item.
    Purchasing from the UK would usually be quicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

My girlfriend ordered stuff on Tuesday and got it Thursday.

I see some mix reviews, some stuff getting delivered and some not

i order a vga to s video cable on Wednesday night , got it Friday morning
    cant complain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Placed an order for usb pci card and delivered next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Mr E wrote: »

Id be wary of cheap batteries, Litium Ion batteries can be a fire/explosion risk if the battery is subjected to certain conditions. Most standard batteries come with circuitry and safety features to make sure this cannot happen. I wouldn't be so certain that a cheap battery would contain the same stuff. Given the risk and the stories I wouldn't put a five euro battery into a 400 euro phone.

imitation wrote: »
    Id be wary of cheap batteries, Litium Ion batteries can be a fire/explosion risk if the battery is subjected to certain conditions. Most standard batteries come with circuitry and safety features to make sure this cannot happen. I wouldn't be so certain that a cheap battery would contain the same stuff. Given the risk and the stories I wouldn't put a five euro battery into a 400 euro phone.

how much do you think htc pay for the batteries- nothing (pennies)
    what i say this crowed are doing is buying a box of 100 and selling them at a small profit ...
    while the carphonewarehouse are buying them cheaper and selling them for 50 euros because they can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

how much do you think htc pay for the batteries- nothing (pennies)
    what i say this crowed are doing is buying a box of 100 and selling them at a small profit ...
    while the carphonewarehouse are buying them cheaper and selling them for 50 euros because they can!

Yea but with the CPW you get an official HTC battery built to proper specification.
    Cheap Chinese knock offs have been around for a good while for phones and cameras and its well known a lot of them overheat and cause problems.

I'd be wary putting a Chinese knock off in me old Nokia never mind a Desire HD!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭eire2009

Limited choice, no jack to jack or scart cable but I got a lot of what I needed very cheaply :D, picked up a set of earphones for 2.50 aswell cant go wrong there

Keith186 wrote: »
    Yea but with the CPW you get an official HTC battery built to proper specification.
    Cheap Chinese knock offs have been around for a good while for phones and cameras and its well known a lot of them overheat and cause problems.

I'd be wary putting a Chinese knock off in me old Nokia never mind a Desire HD!

so if this guy put a htc sticker on it and charged you €50 you would buy 2 or 3 :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Obviously not, I'd buy an official one from HTC. If something happens your phone because of the battery it'd be under warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,304 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

aidankkk wrote: »
    He might be buying some stuff there, but anything i ordered comes next day, and normally takes a bout a month from deal extreme.
    This may change shortly. Seems they have a new warehouse in the UK. See here to see what I mean.

I haven't charged the battery yet, but it's just going to be used as a spare for when I'm on the road (not as my day-to-day battery)

Very disappointed with the Micro USB cables though..... The connection to the phone is very tight. If I use the cable with a USB wall plug, they don't charge my phone. If I use them with my PC, the phone will charge but I get a "Device not connected properly" error (or something along those lines). I can't be too upset for the sake of a couple of euro, but hopefully I can save someone some money if they were thinking of getting one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I noticed this with a few of the mini usb cables I have (not from this shop).Perhaps not all cables are wired the same, some seem to act up with USB charging and others don't. Its all the cheaper ones with a thinner cable for me.

I remember some phones used to use a non standard USB cable too. Like the Motorola V3 I used to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭doniem

i bought 5 micro usb cables off this site for about a tenner, absolute junk every one of them, i know you can say you get what you pay for but ive bought them off amazon for a similar price before and they are still going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

I bought a 5m hdmi cable from them. plugged it into my h-ips panel, tried turn on the monitor and broke the hdmi port, now the monitor only works with vga :(.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

deceit wrote: »
    I bought a 5m hdmi cable from them. plugged it into my h-ips panel, tried turn on the monitor and broke the hdmi port, now the monitor only works with vga :(.

How did the port break?

I have order one of these too

Can you explain how the port broke please :confused:

Im planning to use it with a 450€ blu ray cinema system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Used them once for a phone case, no problems - but if I'm buying cables and anything electrical it comes from a reputable supplier or not at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Pj! wrote: »
    Am waiting over a week for an item.
    Purchasing from the UK would usually be quicker.

Looks like they forgot to ship it! :confused:

Shipped now (hopefully).

Advertisement