Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit card limit

Options
  • 29-10-2010 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

Whats the lowest a bank will drop its credit card limit to?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Not sure what your really asking here. Zero if you cut up the card and cancel it! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Bob Z wrote: »

My AIB click card has a 500 euro limit

(And its more than enough when your prone to impulse unnecessary purchases :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Clohane wrote: »
    My AIB click card has a 500 euro limit

(And its more than enough when your prone to impulse unnecessary purchases :o)

Yes but there is a lower limit

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

the lowest i could mine down to was 800e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Probably depends on the bank and the card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭pjmn

If you want a zero limit you can ask for same. In effect you'll have to pre-fund to use - some people prefer this as they only spend the money they have, and don't/won't fall in to a debt trap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

pjmn wrote: »
    If you want a zero limit you can ask for same. In effect you'll have to pre-fund to use - some people prefer this as they only spend the money they have, and don't/won't fall in to a debt trap.

Pre loading a card is risky business and if you search the forum its been covered many times. A zero limit card is useless, well only if your with a bank that issues Visa Debits.

The lowest I've seen is 450euro and there normally student credit cards that are offered as a package.

OP, why not ring you card issuer and fine out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Pre loading a card is risky business and if you search the forum its been covered many times. A zero limit card is useless, well only if your with a bank that issues Visa Debits.

The lowest I've seen is 450euro and there normally student credit cards that are offered as a package.

OP, why not ring you card issuer and fine out ;)

I am already lower than im supposed to be. im afraid if i ring them uyp they might put the limit up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I am already lower than im supposed to be. im afraid if i ring them uyp they might put the limit up!!

Why do you want to drop it to nearly nothing, you never know when you might need a lot of money in a hurry. Credit card can be a gift you just need to keep control. Easier said than done I know.
    I won't be happy now until they give me a Centurion Card:)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They cannot increase the limit without you agreeing to it. The days long ago when they could continue to increase your limit continuously are gone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement