Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TV Ratings Ireland

• 30-07-2015 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi All,

Just wanted to let fellow boards users who may be interested that I have set up a twitter account with blog to follow on TV ratings and trends.

I work in the industry and I myself find this sort of data interesting, I know it can be a source of debate in the forums. If you have any questions or any data you want to know about....let me know!!

@irishtvratings - any follows welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Hi HappyBalance,

Do you have access to all ratings regarding the Irish stations including 3e, whose ratings outside of the big press releases are never revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭HappyBalance

iseegirls wrote: »
    Hi HappyBalance,

Do you have access to all ratings regarding the Irish stations including 3e, whose ratings outside of the big press releases are never revealed.

Yes, all the major stations except Sky Movies.

Anything in particular you are looking for?

Great that we finally have access into the Irish TV ratings - something which I've (and many others here) have been looking into for so many years and years.

My main personal interest would be in TV3, 3e and UTV ireland. I don't know how easy it is to get, or how time consuming it is for you, but it would be great to see a full day schedule and ratings for the programmes for a particular weekday.

thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,431 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Could we get the ratings for the repeat of the Emelda May Show on RTÉ1 Saturday 10.50pm against the ratings who watched it the night before live on the same channel at 9.35pm?

I would be interested how the viewing figures could make any sense at all to repeat a show a day after it aired at prime time when it's available on RTE Player.

Great that we finally have access into the Irish TV ratings - something which I've (and many others here) have been looking into for so many years and years.

My main personal interest would be in TV3, 3e and UTV ireland. I don't know how easy it is to get, or how time consuming it is for you, but it would be great to see a full day schedule and ratings for the programmes for a particular weekday.

thanks!

Do you know why the figures have not been released previously?

Sample 3e figures on the twitter page:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

To be honest, MediaLive are the best in the business at this really.

They updated their website recently and it's pretty slick.

http://www.medialive.ie/

...also: Ratings Thread

I have seen your first twitter post of Top 10 shows last night which is very interesting and something that medialive never done before.
    callaway92 wrote: »
    To be honest, MediaLive are the best in the business at this really.

They updated their website recently and it's pretty slick.

http://www.medialive.ie/

...also: Ratings Thread

But Medialive figures are only 15+ Adults, and as we've seen with Big Brother, there is some times 80,000 difference between official rating and medialive.

I have seen your first twitter post of Top 10 shows last night which is very interesting and something that medialive never done before.

But Medialive figures are only 15+ Adults, and as we've seen with Big Brother, there is some times 80,000 difference between official rating and medialive.

Advertising Industry standard is to look at Adults 15+ but I am looking at individuals or any other audience you wish.

Data provided by the stations such as XXX saw the World Cup Final is usually based on individuals

Ah I get ya. For night time shows like Big Brother, advertising for <15s is irrelevant enough anyway since they'd be targetting the older audience. (Medialive is focused on advertisers).

Advertising Industry standard is to look at Adults 15+ but I am looking at individuals or any other audience you wish.

Data provided by the stations such as XXX saw the World Cup Final is usually based on individuals

ya, this

• Advertisement

thanks!

Is there anything in UTV Ireland in particular you want me to put up on the page?

Ah perfect. Thanks for clearing this up.

Is there anything in UTV Ireland in particular you want me to put up on the page?

Could you see ratings for their daytime shows?
    How Jeremy Kyle does against TV3's Jeremy Kyle.
    How Good Morning Britain does against Ireland AM.
    Both TV3's and UTV Ireland's 5.30 news
    And UTV Ireland's 10pm news.
    TV3's News At 8

That's about all for now ... :P

Could you see ratings for their daytime shows?
    How Jeremy Kyle does against TV3's Jeremy Kyle.
    How Good Morning Britain does against Ireland AM.
    Both TV3's and UTV Ireland's 5.30 news
    And UTV Ireland's 10pm news.
    TV3's News At 8

That's about all for now ... :P

I will look into this :)

I will look into this :)

Page updateed for today :cool:

https://twitter.com/irishtvratings

Thanks. Great detail showing all of June's ratings between GMB and Ireland:Am. The gap is huge between them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Any chance if someone asks you something on boards, you answer on boards too, rather than just linking to your twitter feed? It's good you go to the effort of answering people's queries but could you not just post the answer here?

I'm sure you could reply to twitter queries via twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Mod Note

Answers to Boards posts should appear on Boards.ie. OP, if you're only interested in posting links to your Twitter feed we'll be locking this thread.

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Mod Note

Answers to Boards posts should appear on Boards.ie. OP, if you're only interested in posting links to your Twitter feed we'll be locking this thread.

No problem. How do I upload an image?

pdemrjfzp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Interesting to compare Sky News HQ with Setanta Ireland

Any idea of Irish TV's audience share?

Elmo wrote: »
    Interesting to compare Sky News HQ with Setanta Ireland

Any idea of Irish TV's audience share?

not sure why you would compare the 2?

pbJSWOo4p

not sure why you would compare the 2?

Sports channels, similar reach, one a live service, the other a news service, both Largely on basic packages.

How did the Saturday Night Show do in comparison to The Late Late Show for Under 45s?

Elmo wrote: »
    Sports channels, similar reach, one a live service, the other a news service, both Largely on basic packages.

How did the Saturday Night Show do in comparison to The Late Late Show for Under 45s?

Would be largely unfair. Setanta is subscription based on the Sky Platform and well over a third of people in Ireland have Sky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

Interesting to see the news figures. Unsurprising but disappointing that Channel 4 News, which is the best of them all, is only getting 7K in Ireland.

Would be largely unfair. Setanta is subscription based on the Sky Platform and well over a third of people in Ireland have Sky

AFAIK the reach is similar according to TAMIRELAND and setanta is in a prime position on UPC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭brick man

Have you any figures for RTE News Now , I think it doesn't get its audience measured but they must have an idea even if unofficial?

brick man wrote: »
    Have you any figures for RTE News Now , I think it doesn't get its audience measured but they must have an idea even if unofficial?

The short answer is no.

Audience is not measured for it mainly down to the fact no ads are shown on it.

I'm sure RTÉ would be able to give a rough estimate, although this figure could not be verified

• Advertisement

Sky Sports Live GAA coverage this year has averaged 32K.

Sky's most viewed match so far this year is the hurling qualifier between Wexford and Cork. Ave: 53k Peak: 96k

Sky's least viewed match was Kildare's draw with Laois in the Leinster SFC. Ave: 11k Peak: 25k

RTÉ's live coverage of the GAA so far this season has ave 327k

RTÉ''s most viewed match so far this year is Tipp's victory over Waterford in the Munster final. Ave 486k Peak 641K

Just to clarify, all figures are ROI only. Sky Sports figures exclude NI and GB

https://twitter.com/irishtvratings for more

up to July 27

The short answer is no.

Audience is not measured for it mainly down to the fact no ads are shown on it.

I'm sure RTÉ would be able to give a rough estimate, although this figure could not be verified

I though all channels were covered regardless of if they aired Irish Advertising. I know I saw a list a few years ago detailing the audience share for at least 500 channels. Wouldn't RTE News Now be part of that list as an Audience share?

I have asked RTE for audience share for RTE NEWS NOW, all they gave me was a reach of 12% and I nearly got a share but they saw my trap :(

Hi Happy Balance, could you look into how kids shows rate? Maybe between RTE2, RTE Jr and the UK ones like CBBC, Nick and Disney? A top 10, or just a share of viewers would be interesting.

If you could take out the kids programming (between 6am-6pm), what share would RTE2 have? Be interesting to see how much their share is dragged down (or if) by the kids shows.

Elmo wrote:
    I have asked RTE for audience share for RTE NEWS NOW, all they gave me was a reach of 12% and I nearly got a share but they saw my trap

What do you think that would translate to in terms of audience share?

brick man wrote: »
    What do you think that would translate to in terms of audience share?

Pick has a similar reach but gets just 0.11% while Alibi has 0.34%, RTEjr has a 0.7% share. June figures.

Hi happy balance,
    I was wondering would you have audience figures for RTEjr on RTE2 v RTEjr channel given they are both after same audience? And how is RTE 2 doing since rebrand in terms of share and in share of audience it is now focusing on ?

• Advertisement

Is the twitter account gone? Just checked now and it's no longer there.

That didn't last long :(

Is the twitter account gone? Just checked now and it's no longer there.

That didn't last long :(

Very secretive figures as we had pointed to before. :rolleyes:

Advertisement