Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A nice intro into the world of target shooting

• 08-03-2015 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭

I've been a hunter for years, but this jan I took a resolution to broaden my firearms interest . I joined harbours house, and It has been a wonderful experience. At first I though I would be laughed out of the place with my old game guns, but the pro target guys are spot on. Yesterday a guy let me shoot his pro .22, I was blown away by it, he even said I was welcome to borrow it for comps. Wow. I totally recommend it to anyone, I've caught the bug I think , I'm waiting on my gallery gun and pistol licensing now, an Italian 357 lever action and a ruger single six. There is room for every style and taste there, I prefere the old style guns, but the modern ones are cool too. Looking forward to the shooting year . What a nice intro to the sport.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭jaysblades

I'm Justin , big fella, bearded. I think the guys name is Anthony. The gun I got is a lever action 357/38 , old cowboy style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

I think overall 99% of people you meet in the target shooting community will go out of their way to help new folks get involved. I have met some fantastic people and made some very good friends from clubs all over the country.
    As Clive said, great to see new faces and see you on the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,064 ✭✭✭clivej

homerhop wrote: »
    I think overall 99% of people you meet in the target shooting community will go out of their way to help new folks get involved. I have met some fantastic people and made some very good friends from clubs all over the country.
    As Clive said, great to see new faces and see you on the line.

I must be that 1% :(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭homerhop

clivej wrote: »
    I must be that 1% :(:(:(:(:(

Ah Clive you old codger, range wouldn't be the same without you at it

Advertisement