Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for reputable doberman breeders

Options
  • 26-10-2009 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I'm in the galway area, and i'd like to avoid the dodgy BYB's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Hi there, try this lady, Dionne Fitzsimmons, she shows dobes and i think she has some pups at the moment.

http://www.simplesite.com/Fitzkin/9168264

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kassie

check out these guys also... lovely ppl and they've had a litter only this week i think, hope everything went well for them!!

http://beechillawn.piczo.com/?g=55176224&cr=6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MissCCxx

Hi, I'm looking for a breeder who has a female doberman (really good female with papers) in pup but not given birth yet, my home is not ready yet! I live in Longford area.:rolleyes:

<SNIP>
    thanks!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

MissCCxx wrote: »
    <SNIP>

It doesn't prevent ear infections, that's a myth to make people feel better about chopping off half a perfectly good dog ear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Ear cropping is disgusting, barbaric and thankfully illegal in Ireland. Seriously, don't get a dobermann if you're going to subject the poor creature to that kind of nonsense. My dobermann never had an ear infection in his life and if he had I would have treated the dog for ear infection, NOT chopped part of his body off.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

Hi, I'm looking for a breeder who has a female doberman (really good female with papers) in pup but not given birth yet, my home is not ready yet! I live in Longford area.:rolleyes:

<snip>
    thanks!:)

Try a garden ornament instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

MissCCxx discussion of illegal things are not allowed. Ear cropping is illegal so do not mention it again - infracted
    Everyone else, I've edited it out of her post.

Omg so many people told me i should get it done because of all the ear infections :( i can't believe i fell for that sick lie :mad: I'm so sorry guys i didn't know how horrible it truly was , let this be a lesson i learned! i'm still getting a doberman though i promise i shall treat it the way she deserves i'm not that bad that was my only mistake!:eek:
    so if you know any good breeders with a female doberman in pup please reply:D and no im not getting an ornament instead that just stupid,:( i love dobermans:rolleyes: just because i made a mistake does not meen im a bad person we all make mistakes!!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Omg so many people told me i should get it done because of all the ear infections :( i can't believe i fell for that sick lie :mad: I'm so sorry guys i didn't know how horrible it truly was , let this be a lesson i learned! i'm still getting a doberman though i promise i shall treat it the way she deserves i'm not that bad that was my only mistake!:eek:
    so if you know any good breeders with a female doberman in pup please reply:D and no im not getting an ornament instead that just stupid,:( i love dobermans:rolleyes: just because i made a mistake does not meen im a bad person we all make mistakes!!:confused:

Can I ask why you want a female in pup?

You won't find any good breeders willing to sell a female in pup, they would have taken a lot of time and effort to find the right sire for their bitch, and have done all the relevant health tests. Having gone through all of that, why would they then sell the bitch before she has the pups?

Sorry, TooManyDogs explained how stupid I'm being, so please just ignore this. I didn't want to delete it, cos then TMD's post wouldn't make sense.

I'm going to blame it all on stress:)

That's fair enough. There's just so many myths out there about cropping/docking etc and most of them origionate as justifications for cutting off healthy bits of a dog. I recently met a couple who had bought a rottie pup, the breeder handed her over at 5 weeks which was far too early for a start, and had the pups tail docked just before she was collected by the new owners. :eek: The new owners were told that one rottie in a litter will have a crooked tail and unfortunately that it was their pup had the crooked tail so it had to come off. And that's the reason rotties have docked tails, I've never heard such rubbish in my life but cos they didnt know any different they just accepted what they were told by the 'expert breeder' :mad:

I constantly get people asking would I not get my JRT's tail docked, he's 3 years old!!!! And when I explain to them that I had him since he was 3 days old (a foster that never managed to leave) and chose not to get him docked, they look at me like I've 10 heads!

• Advertisement

ISDW wrote: »
    Can I ask why you want a female in pup?

I think she want to source a breeder who's bitch is currently in pup so that the pups will be ready in a couple of months, rather than a breeder with pups ready to go now, not that she actually wants to buy the bitch herself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I think she want to source a breeder who's bitch is currently in pup so that the pups will be ready in a couple of months, rather than a breeder with pups ready to go now, not that she actually wants to buy the bitch herself

OMG of course, going to be one of those days today I think. :rolleyes: I think I'll just give up now and go back to bed.

Sorry OP, just me being stupid.

ha ha it is ok i always make really obvious mistakes lol yes toomanydogs is right i want to find a breeder with a female in pup for me to get the pup when she's ready it gives me some time to check up on how the new born pup I pick is going and how she is being raised, :)

them myths are sick:mad: who would make up such nonesense????:confused: thanks you guys if it wasnt for yee... I would of felt for that lie :eek: :(

please help me find a good doberman breeder :D xx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

MissCCxx, we already gave you some links to some breeders, have you contacted them yet?
    If you are looking for a good pup then sometimes you have to wait a while for the right one.

andreac wrote: »
    MissCCxx, we already gave you some links to some breeders, have you contacted them yet?
    If you are looking for a good pup then sometimes you have to wait a while for the right one.

where are the links, how do i open them??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

where are the links, how do i open them??:confused:

Links are at the top of the thread. Click them to open them.

Advertisement