Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post-Jingle Bells 5k beers!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I completely agree that these decisions should be made by one person instead of by poll, but I should be that person :p
    Ryans it is so...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Ok so the details!

Date: 06/12/14
    Venue: Ryans (which is here)

Maybe we can all meet at the Donore clubhouse for some cake and then jog/walk/crawl up to Ryan's from there. Sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Sorry I wont be able to make it, just doing the race, jumping back into the car then and heading to santa world in Palmerstown Estate!!

A nice warm down out there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 54,706 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Do you have to be invited?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

walshb wrote: »
    Do you have to be invited?

Tis an open invitation. You might want to leave behind your "Katie is greater than Sonia" banner upon entering the pub though. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,706 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Tis an open invitation. You might want to leave behind your "Katie is greater than Sonia" banner upon entering the pub though. ;)

Okey doke; might pop along if I have the energy. Will shout out usernames to identify you guys....

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Cleanman

I have my Christmas party the night before and haven't a notion of racing JB. I didn't race last year either. Nor did I do the marathon this year and still turned up for beers after both. Is it bad if I keep turning up for beers without actually ever racing??:cool:

Cleanman wrote: »
    I have my Christmas party the night before and haven't a notion of racing JB. I didn't race last year either. Nor did I do the marathon this year and still turned up for beers after both. Is it bad if I keep turning up for beers without actually ever racing??:cool:

Yup! :pac:

But would be great if you could make it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

So is there going to be a seperate Xmas beers or is this it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

So is there going to be a seperate Xmas beers or is this it ?

Just takes someone to organise it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Cant make it :(
    Wifey is going to college on Sat and I'm taking liberties with 'child services' by just going to do the race!

Am out that night with my 'non internet' running friends :)

(...........& I dont mean my friends who are too old to understand the internet)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Aw, I'm not going to be able to make it. Would be great to meet you all in person! Maybe next time!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Nephew's birthday party has been rearranged to the 6th now so I won't make this :(

out too :(
    racing Saturday would be a bad idea

Ah Jaysus, it will be just me on my own in Ryan's at this rate, drinking on my own like an loser!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'll be there anyway, hopefully a few more will turn up....

pconn062 wrote: »
    Ah Jaysus, it will be just me on my own in Ryan's at this rate, drinking on my own like an loser!

you'll still have your hat...

RayCun wrote: »
    you'll still have your hat...

Very true, always a silver lining eh?! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I could probably make it to mullingar house for a drink or two (it is closer to my house and my bros house where party will be) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

I'll be there, will they not be opening the bar upstairs in Donore? *lazy drinker*

• Advertisement

Oops, shows how long I've been out of the loop, the Donore bar hasn't been operational in years.....

So we should probably start planning this. Do people want to meet up after the race, maybe down at the Donore clubrooms? Any other ideas?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm fine with that anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

adrian522 wrote: »
    I'm fine with that anyway...
    Me too. I think I'll probably wear my boards tee as it's a bit chilly for a singlet and I'm no. 490, if anyone wants to say hello :)

Me too. I think I'll probably wear my boards tee as it's a bit chilly for a singlet and I'm no. 490, if anyone wants to say hello :)
    Sounds good to me. My no is 281, I might even write dubgal on it in the absence of a boards t shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

Sounds good. I'm #102. Think I have boards shirt somewhere.
    I'll probably do a few easy miles warmdown afterwards if anyone wants to tag along.

I'm 616, Dunleer AC singlet, glasses, arm warmers (watch it AMK). :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

It's gettin very like #rsp in here...

ultraman1 wrote: »
    It's gettin very like #rsp in here...

Runner soul project? Recognised Safety Personnel? Recommended Sale Price??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

My plan was to head to meet you guys straight after my track session, but turns out I'll be training in Athlone tomorrow on the indoor track. It would probably be close to 5 by the time I get to the pub being realistic. Are people planning an all dayer or just a few hours?

Advertisement