Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heading to bikefest from Galway?

Options
  • 21-05-2013 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

I was just wondering if there were many people from Galway and the surrounding area heading to Bikefest in Killarney for the June bank holiday weekend? If there are a few going i was thinking it might be a cool idea to all head down as a group? I'm sure the mcc's in Galway will be doing this anyway but for those who aren't members of any clubs it might be good craic? Just throwing it out there...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

just for the day like?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dwelby101

I was thinking more like head down Friday afternoon and come back on the Sunday afternoon

eeeuuurrrggghhh that means camping:mad:

Nothing like it! :D the campsite seems to be right next to the bike village too, so not too long of a stumble back after the festivities

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Sadly cannot make it, need to earn serious brownie points :(

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Advertisement

dunno tbh, not into camping these days and not a drinker either.......

That's fair enough I suppose... any other takers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I was thinking of heading down but from Dublin. Don't fancy the trip on my own though.

Same as that, even to have 2 or 3 with ya would make it a bit more craic

I've decided I'm going to just strap some camping gear to the bike and head off on Friday afternoon! hope im not forgetting anything...1351078909_Heavy_Load_On_Motorcycle_gag.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mr chips

I am heading down from Co. Antrim and picking up a friend in Mayo, but we aren't leaving from near Ballina till around lunchtime on the Saturday. Plan is to take the scenic route and ride around the Connemara coast on the way down.

Nice one, that sounds like a nice spin. Ill be going on friday afternoon though so saturday is too late for me :D

Anyone heading down from Dublin ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I'm leaving Friday to drive around the south of Ireland and coming back on Tuesday evening. I wasn't aware of this Bikefest. A bit disappointed because now kerry will be packed with bikers and the roads will be busy.

When are you thinking of going down KTRIC?

I'm leaving Friday to drive around the south of Ireland and coming back on Tuesday evening. I wasn't aware of this Bikefest. A bit disappointed because now kerry will be packed with bikers and the roads will be busy.

When are you thinking of going down KTRIC?

I hope you're joking :D

I'm heading down Saturday morning.

Nah I'm not. I just wanted Kerry all to myself :D Scumbag harleys going to be stealing my thunder and probably doing 20kph around corners getting their foot pegs down.

It just changes my plans for the weekend. I suppose I have to going into this thing and see what the craic is.. :)

Seems to be on all weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Nah I'm not. I just wanted Kerry all to myself :D Scumbag harleys going to be stealing my thunder and probably doing 20kph more around corners than me getting their foot pegs down.

It just changes my plans for the weekend. I suppose I have to going into this thing and see what the craic is.. :)

Seems to be on all weekend.
    ..fyp.

Oh, and, scumbags ? Really ? Is that really necessary ?

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

It wasn't mean to be taken seriously. Probably should have put few more smileys in or something...

I didn't make it to the bikefest. It was my first trip away on the bike and I got a bit eager with the amount of miles I could do in a day.

Did anyone go to it?

I met loads of bikers and german tourists in campers. I drive with a lad on a Triumph Rocket. It was gorgeous looking. One oncoming biker driving a CBR got caught target fixating on it and we almost got to slap hands! :)

I went down on the Friday evening, left here around 6 and got down there around 9:30 and only saw 5 bikes on the way down... Met some sound lads and had a few beers and laughed at the big hairy bikers and some of there big hairy wives... some people really live the biker lifestyle,tattoos, beards and plenty of leather, funny. The campsite was like an orchestra of snoring... hilarious, until ya realised how late it was and ya needed some sleep before the ride back! Came back to galway Saturday afternoon and met a billion bikes (had a creak in my neck from all the noddin :D) Was a pretty cool event!

• Advertisement

what was there to see and do? apart from hairy wimmin!!!!

There was a few stalls selling the usual bits and pieces, t-shirts, leathers, helmets ,etc... but the main attraction was that since it was Harley Davidsons 110th anniversary, they brought 12 (i think, maybe more) different bikes over that you could take out on demo runs, just sign up, get your gear on and hit the road, pretty cool (too big for my liking but a great chance if you're into Harley's) There were bands playing on different stages both outside and in the hotel and there was a festival tent for beer.... they also had runs out around the ring of kerry, which would have been awesome if i stayed longer but I didnt go since I had a fairly long run back home oh and there was a custom bike competition on the sunday too. If ya got all the lookin and ridin done then it was pretty much drink for the weekend

kinda what i thought and expected tbh

Advertisement