Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bichon Frise Wanted.

Options
  • 25-06-2010 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Posting this for a lady friend who's looking for a Bichon Frise.

Any and all help appreciated-even if you think it might not be worthwhile posting,please do-you never know.

She's really not sure where to go bar ringing the IKC and asking about breeder's{which she'll prob. do on monday anyways:)}

but meantime if anyone here can help please do ;)

i see on DD the varying prices and i must say i'm :eek::eek::eek::eek:

thanks a million folks

{ BTW i have 2 rescue dogs,paid a sizeable donation for both-and they're worth every penny }

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Herself and the mother have a bichon. Lovely dog for indoors. Very quiet, loyal, not pushed on anything. They are a great dog for company, just too easy going for me. If she wants a bit of craic, get a westie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Dusty87 wrote: »
    Herself and the mother have a bichon. Lovely dog for indoors. Very quiet, loyal, not pushed on anything. They are a great dog for company, just too easy going for me. If she wants a bit of craic, get a westie.

thanks Dusty but she really...really wants a Bichon:rolleyes:

thanks though;)

Oh i know, i wasnt trying to change your/her mind. Just saying personnally not the dog for me, but a lovely dog. Hers and the mother in laws is great. You could get very attached to them easily.
    The only advice i can give is to get one IKC reg, and best of luck with her.

Just asked her now and she said she wasnt that calm when she was younger:D
    Might be a bit of craic;)

i never thought you were ;)

ijust can't understand the prices people are quoting......:confused::confused:

• Advertisement

thebullkf wrote: »
    i never thought you were ;)

ijust can't understand the prices people are quoting......:confused::confused:

Tis mad alright. But thats they way things are. I usually have collie crosses, but i have an English pointer PB now too, aswell as a setter cross. PB are expensive, but you know what youre getting. I usually get crosses and rescue's with no prob but one lad i got (cross) turned viscious. Wouldnt let anyone he didnt know near me, her or the baby. Whats in him? I dont know, thats the problem. Bit of advice and training hes grand now.
    Anyways the other folks will be on soon, who know better than me.
    Best of luck with the dog. They are great craic when they're pups, and not eating your shoes:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Bichon's are expensive and you really need to research the problems they have and find out what tests should be done by the breeders, then call some(check IKC site) and ask.
    They do sometimes come into rescue, my friends got one a few months back, he's about 18 months and was handed in because he kept getting dirty:mad::(:rolleyes:

mymo wrote: »
    Bichon's are expensive and you really need to research the problems they have and find out what tests should be done by the breeders, then call some(check IKC site) and ask.
    They do sometimes come into rescue, my friends got one a few months back, he's about 18 months and was handed in because he kept getting dirty:mad::(:rolleyes:

thanks;)

a$$holes!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

They're lovely dogs. They're expensive like most pedigree dogs, but they're such a nice breed, it could be worth the money.

It's definitely a good idea to ring the IKC. If you do go for an ad on donedeal, then be really careful and make sure the parents and pups are healthchecked, the pups should be registered (and will be microchipped, vaccinated, wormed and all), the pups and mother (and father if they have him) should be clean and friendly and in good condition, you should ask to see where the puppies live and it should be clean and good conditions, you should be able to ask the breeder lots of questions about looking after puppies and about the breed and if they know a lot then that's a good sign. If they have a lot of dogs around, a lot of different breeds, or you can hear a lot of barking, then they could be a bad breeder or puppy farm. Don't meet the breeder somewhere to get the puppy, and be careful if they say something like you can't see the mother. And make sure to get the papers before you give them the money. And all the obvious things.

Or try googling Bichon Frise breeders in Ireland, and see if there are any good websites, I think Ashmair Bichons look good. (I was thinking of getting one)

morganafay wrote: »
    They're lovely dogs. They're expensive like most pedigree dogs, but they're such a nice breed, it could be worth the money.

It's definitely a good idea to ring the IKC. If you do go for an ad on donedeal, then be really careful and make sure the parents and pups are healthchecked, the pups should be registered (and will be microchipped, vaccinated, wormed and all), the pups and mother (and father if they have him) should be clean and friendly and in good condition, you should ask to see where the puppies live and it should be clean and good conditions, you should be able to ask the breeder lots of questions about looking after puppies and about the breed and if they know a lot then that's a good sign. If they have a lot of dogs around, a lot of different breeds, or you can hear a lot of barking, then they could be a bad breeder or puppy farm. Don't meet the breeder somewhere to get the puppy, and be careful if they say something like you can't see the mother. And make sure to get the papers before you give them the money. And all the obvious things.

Or try googling Bichon Frise breeders in Ireland, and see if there are any good websites, I think Ashmair Bichons look good. (I was thinking of getting one)

many thanks ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

Another handy trick to weed out puppy farmers is to google the phone number given with the ad. Be wary if you get hits for other ads offering different breed puppies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Oh and they're really healthy dogs and live about 15 years or so :) there's a few things they get, like skin problems, but they're overall pretty healthy dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I have one, a puppy, asleep on my foot at the moment. I'm glad to hear they calm down - 'cos this guy is a nutter.

Tell your friend that as well as the constant bathing and brushing, you can't walk two yards without being stopped and asked what breed he is and lots of cooing.

I got mine from a friend who owns the mum and dad. Mine has no papers (although the parents do), and I sorted all the shots and worming myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭baldymac

me and my gf have bichon, so cute an friendly

pm if you wanna see some pic

Advertisement