Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Miniature Jack Russells

Options
  • 19-07-2010 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I'm considering getting a miniature Jack Russell - by which I mean a dog who will grow to about 7 inches at the shoulder. I know standard Jack Russells are very energetic and take a lot of exercising. Does anyone know if miniature ones are as demanding? Or does the size make a difference in energy levels?

Any other information specific to miniature Jack Russells would be appreciated too.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

My Chihuahua is 6ins tall and I've never seen a JRT as small as her. Also because you are looking for a dog outside of the breed standard the parents most likely wouldn't be registered and history not known therefore it would be hard to estimated what the pups height would end up being. But if it were a true JRT even in miniature I would say it would have similar exercise requirements. Even my Chihuahua needs her hour walk everyday to keep her happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

I have a mini JRT, though not as small as you're looking for, and she needs every bit as much exercise as my standard sized JRT, and my GSD x! So the smallies still pack a mighty punch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

I have a mini JRT, though not as small as you're looking for, and she needs every bit as much exercise as my standard sized JRT, and my GSD x! So the smallies still pack a mighty punch!

+1

I have a mini JRT but he's not as small as what you're looking for, actually I've never seen one that small. And they require more excercise and entertainment than most breeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

We rescued as a puppy a JRT/Basset cross; the mother was JRT, dumped when in pup and it took a wee while to work out what the other half was.

She has the energy and bounce of the JRT and the weight and bulk of a bassett..... bounces as high as my head.

Advertisement