Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone company charges for providing fone services after fone disconnected-acceptable?

Options
  • 30-06-2010 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

If a phone company disconnects you last year for not paying the bill. You cannot use the phone now. They are still charging every month since for services provided, but not providing any services. Also, charging for Line Rental. The Communications Regulator (ComReg) says its legal, I just don't think its good enough or fair regulation. Many people are in arrears with bills, this law affects many people not just me.
    Also, I felt this billing practice not explained to me previously.

You shouldn't have to pay for services when you are not being provided with any.
    What can be done?

Comments

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tom Young

We don't do legal advice. However, there is a line being provided, albeit on a limited basis. This remains subject to contract. You should cease the line in its entirety as you would be subject to contract if the line is there.

All of this will be subject to your own individual contract and most likely correct in terms of what they are doing. Cease it. Alternatively, clear the bill and restore the services.

Advertisement