Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,644 ✭✭✭corkie

ShazGV wrote: »
    That is seriously annoying. And the challenge this week is to defeat the Cowboy Yeti (when he comes back with 10 health). No way I'm winning that this week, the timed events are getting out of hand. Way too many of them.

I spent 20 clams to reset the timer and keep the damage that was dealt him already. So managed to defeat him and complete the challenge.

I also have John

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Thank feck, I finally have Jasper. Now I can have him do the Santa stuff while I have Lois attack the yeti.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,198 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I got Mort's outfit this morning. I've found that if you attack the Yeti the first time, (when he has only 4 health) when he's down low health, only click on either Lois or Mort. If their attack finishes him, he disappears for 4 hours. If you haven't clicked on the other characters finished action, you can click it when he comes back, so you start off with a hit.
    Might save people a bit of time, as you have only 24 hours to clear 10 health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

keep an eye on familyguyaddicts for tips. But yes I bought John also (voice is not specially recorded uses soundclips from movies) But sure its all part of the craic

keep an eye on familyguyaddicts for tips. But yes I bought John also (voice is not specially recorded uses soundclips from movies) But sure its all part of the craic
    Is he worth getting? I have a load of clams built up, and don't see myself playing this much after christmas. Thinking of spending them.

ah hes funny....i bought some clams...in fairness the game helps pass a lot of time sometimes! so woth th e7/8 euro or whatever it was worth of clams i bought. And it helps get Jesus as you can beat the yeti faster :P

I never thought I'd say this, but I want Jesus in my life! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I ended up buying the €9 pack of clams. Never thought I would but I wanted John McClain and was sick of getting close to Buzzkillington then buying something else and having to start again. This way I got both and 100 clams back for completing the premium characters.

Thinking of just focusing on Jebus now. Don't really care about Santa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

7ofBrian wrote: »
    stop_dont_come_back_willy_wonka.gif

You think these people sounds like they're having fun? Their comments are more like what you'd hear at a boring job than about an enjoyable game
    pedatron wrote: »
    Lois has about four different task atm while everyone else does sweet F***ALL. Very Frustrating
    Angron wrote: »
    I'm sending her on the task to get rid of Santas, just to try and unlock Jasper cause it seems he can beat them too. There's not enough characters that get stuff for the Mort costume, which is extremely annoying.
    smash wrote: »
    It'd be great if you could distribute coins, clams, buildings and characters to friends. I'm too bored of the game to play it again but I have a few friends who play and it would be a waste to just leave everything I've got.
    This game is getting more and more frustrating with each event. :mad:
    ShazGV wrote: »
    That is seriously annoying. And the challenge this week is to defeat the Cowboy Yeti (when he comes back with 10 health). No way I'm winning that this week, the timed events are getting out of hand. Way too many of them.
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    I missed out on jasper but he's still in the section on the left but I click him nothing happens.. All the timed events have me considering pressing delete!!
    Thank feck, I finally have Jasper...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

To be fair, I do still like & enjoy the game. I complain sometimes & get frustrated but I think that comes with most games. If I didn't enjoy it, I'd just delete it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, I do like the game, but some of the nonsense like the timed events within timed events can wear quite thin.

Has anyone else's Christmas Tree NOT updated to the Jolly Christmas Tree?
    This morning there was a countdown to it updating, but now it just says that the updated tree is coming on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,110 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Has anyone else's Christmas Tree NOT updated to the Jolly Christmas Tree?
    This morning there was a countdown to it updating, but now it just says that the updated tree is coming on Friday.

Is was supposed to release last night but it got delayed, should be out tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

If we take away all the roads bar a small section will the shoppers all spawn there?

If we take away all the roads bar a small section will the shoppers all spawn there?

Yeah they only spawn on roads, TinyCo are also bringing back the tap to stun feature in the next update. There are two different shoppers, Giving Furbals to the the Nice Last Minute Shoppers will earn you Wrapping Paper. Giving Furbals to the Naughty Last Minute Shoppers will earn you Christmas Cookies or Clams.

Here is a method I found on FamilyGuyTips
    wpid-wp-1419043185463.jpeg?w=474

Yeah they only spawn on roads, TinyCo are also bringing back the tap to stun feature in the next update. There are two different shoppers, Giving Furbals to the the Nice Last Minute Shoppers will earn you Wrapping Paper. Giving Furbals to the Naughty Last Minute Shoppers will earn you Christmas Cookies or Clams.

Here is a method I found on FamilyGuyTips
    wpid-wp-1419043185463.jpeg?w=474

What dod Yoy build the maze with?

What dod Yoy build the maze with?

I use green hedges which cost 25 coins when building mazes and once the event is over I just put them back into inventory and reuse them when needed

Yeah, I do like the game, but some of the nonsense like the timed events within timed events can wear quite thin.

Putting a but in a sentence reeks of "forget everything I said before the but because now I'm going to say the exact opposite"

gubbie wrote: »
    Putting a but in a sentence reeks of "forget everything I said before the but because now I'm going to say the exact opposite"
    No, no it doesn't. It means I like some things about the game, I don't like others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

well I'm definitely sick of it. game deleted, have fun guys

No, no it doesn't. It means I like some things about the game, I don't like others.

You didn't say what you like about it. You just gave reasons why you don't. It's as if what I said about the "but" was true.

It's a fremium game. It makes its money from making you addicted to collecting. There's nothing fun about addiction!

gubbie wrote: »
    You didn't say what you like about it. You just gave reasons why you don't. It's as if what I said about the "but" was true.

It's a fremium game. It makes its money from making you addicted to collecting. There's nothing fun about addiction!
    It's as if you're creating an arbitrary reason to say you're right. But fine: I like the humour of the game like with the character dialogue, I like the theme of the events, I like Family Guy in general. Happy?

Just completed Santa's List of gifts & was awarded 99,999 cookies/gingerbread men. Happy with that! Should definitely get puppy Brian by the end, probably not Jesus but I may spend clams for him. Very happy with this update once the crazy amount of timed tasks were pared back.

im two socks from baby brian but have everything else! woo hoo. Bought John Mclain but nothing else and have more clams than before the event started even with that

Lads wgat must you do too get Santa?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Lads wgat must you do too get Santa?
    Finish the santa's gift list.

All done! First time ever in this game. With 3 days to spare. :P

I hate that forced finish. I only missed out on King Yeti (not that I cared about it, but it would have been nice to get absolutely everything). Had 10 hits remaining and would have gotten at least 9 with everyone attacking. Surely one of them would have gotten more than the minimum to give me what I needed. Logged in exactly four hours later to a forced finish and no King Yeti.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Never managed to unlock peters costume to fight the yeti. I had the two previous costumes, but then all of a sudden there was another costume to unlock. Expected to unlock it day ago but could not get the last two dropped items. I could have spent 80 clams but they are so hard to come by, I thought they were better invested in a permanent character than in a costume for a campaign.

Never managed to unlock peters costume to fight the yeti. I had the two previous costumes, but then all of a sudden there was another costume to unlock. Expected to unlock it day ago but could not get the last two dropped items. I could have spent 80 clams but they are so hard to come by, I thought they were better invested in a permanent character than in a costume for a campaign.

Peter couldn't fight the yeti??????

• Advertisement

I'm glad you said that corkie, I was about to say I had totally missed that he could! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

corkie wrote: »
    Peter couldn't fight the yeti??????

Ah no the logo was to the right of his falcon costume. Though this was the one that required unlocking. Boo

I was short 1 blue stocking for Jesus. Sickened, as he is the first earn-able character that I've missed.

3e are airing the Simpsons crossover episode of family guy @23:00

District 10 is open!!

A non-timed event!! :D

District 10 is open!!

A non-timed event!! :D

Thank God. Sick of the timed events

Flipping finally got enough bracelets for New Years Eve Jillian. Been on 4/5 for the last 2 days.

anybody having an issue whereby after opening the game after an hour or two that the characters that you sent on tasks aren't on them at all. Been happening to me alot in the last few days

Think I'll have enough time to get the other twin, I just need the performance enhancing drugs so I need to not get on the drops for it.

Think I'll have enough time to get the other twin, I just need the performance enhancing drugs so I need to not get on the drops for it.

I got them both fairly handy

• Advertisement

I got them both fairly handy
    Yeah, I got everything else pretty fast, it's just those performance enhancers that have been holding me back.

Yeah, I got everything else pretty fast, it's just those performance enhancers that have been holding me back.

I have one of twins unlocked and only need 1 more egg to unlock the other

Had a look at the Facebook page and man they do a good job ignoring people. Almost everyone saying the amount of clams they are charging is too much along with near constant timed events being annoying rather than fun, but still it continues.

If they insist on times events, at least give every character an item earning task. The vast majority are useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

I have one of twins unlocked and only need 1 more egg to unlock the other
    Missed out on one twin. Would have rathered I got neither of them! :(

pedatron wrote: »
    Missed out on one twin. Would have rathered I got neither of them! :(

Yeah I have both of them but I have them stored . I only keep the characters that drop items out and store the rest. The amount of characters not being used for tasks outside their own quests is ridiculous

Just deleted the game! Too drawn out and was like a chore logging in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

Valentines Update is in for anyone that is interested!

Less than 14 hours to go and it's currently unlikely that I even get Lois finished. Targets seemed far too high considering Bonnie and Meg are still to come after Lois. Seems like I would have needed to check in every four hours to even have a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I'm at the end of bonnie. I made the mistake of not finishing one of the main quests for about a week and only got the cinema two days ago. Unlikely I'll get meg either but i can't say I didn't have the time.

I didn't log in every 4 hours at all.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Less than 14 hours to go and it's currently unlikely that I even get Lois finished. Targets seemed far too high considering Bonnie and Meg are still to come after Lois. Seems like I would have needed to check in every four hours to even have a chance.
    Get Lois finished? Is that with collecting the love hearts?

Advertisement