Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Section 8: Predjudice

Options
  • 20-04-2011 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Tried the trial for this today and was really surprised by how good it was.
    Feels like it took some of the best features out of todays FPS games and rolled it together.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UwyJ2v9Bpc
    Features:
    5 hour campaign
    32 player online
    Swarm mode

Costs 1200 microsoft points for xbox.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Forgot about this , ill give the demo a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Seems to be getting some fairly good reviews so far. Eurogamer heaped a lot of praise on it.
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/section-8-prejudice
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-20-section-8-prejudice-review

Not too sure if it's up my alley though. Seems to be weighted heavily in favour of a multiplayer experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,832 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Section 8 the original was so so. I bought it on the cheap on Steam a few months back. Not too impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

Overheal wrote: »
    Section 8 the original was so so. I bought it on the cheap on Steam a few months back. Not too impressed.

From what I have read so far it has significantly improved on the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I sow that yesterday on xbox too. Preview looked class.

I am sort of tempted ... Its only 1200 points too...

Anyome tried it themselfs?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Looks decent, reminds me of planetside.
    Its €11.69 on steam for pre purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Picked this up, and now that I've gotten used to the classes and controls, I'm really enjoying it. It quite well balanced and encourages class changes in order to complete objectives. I haven't come across any camping really, and the spawn system really helps too. Not a run'n'gunner anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I tried it. Unninstalled it after 10 mins. I just could not be arsed... I know, I should give it more time, but all of that just did not appield me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Took the plunge on the 360 after enjoying the original and it's great. There's a definite Tribes vibe with it and it improves in nearly every way and would put many boxed games to shame - Homefront, I'm looking at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

BUY THIS GAME NOW!

Honestly haven't had this much fun with a multi-player FPS since the days of Unreal Tournament. At just €12 it offers so much more value than almost any other FPS on the market right now and now Assault mode has been unlocked on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

BUY THIS GAME NOW!

Honestly haven't had this much fun with a multi-player FPS since the days of Unreal Tournament. At just €12 it offers so much more value than almost any other FPS on the market right now and now Assault mode has been unlocked on it.

I wont be able to play for a while so whats assault mode like?

Advertisement