Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bangai-O HD

Options
  • 04-05-2011 5:28pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,159 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Treasure, high def and a **** tonne of missiles!

Out on XBLA for 800 MS dollaridos! I eagerly anticipate a descent into explosive lunacy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Maybe I can now buy it in a non-Japanese language and finally understa--
    Out on XBLA
    >XBLA

DAMN IT!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,868 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Reports indicate it's a brand new game with more in common with Bangai-o spirits than the original.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,159 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's pretty damn fantastic! Only had experience with the Japanese DS game, which I found tricky to understand :pac: And the tutorial - with walls of text! - here isn't all that helpful. But once you cop on how to work, there is much joy to be had. You are certainly in bullet missile hell, and it's a sensory overload as expected. Once you realise how your powers work and how to solve the puzzling enemy layouts, there are riches a plenty here!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Reports indicate it's a brand new game with more in common with Bangai-o spirits than the original.

That's a shame. Bangai-O Spirits was a let-down for me compared to the first one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I foolishly imported the Japanese DS version too; never got past level 1 since I hadn't a clue what to do.
    Only reason I got it over the US one was the boxart -- I'd been led to believe you could select English on the JP version! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,159 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

This game is so very good. It also slaps you in the face many times per level, but that's half the joy of it. I wish they had a more in-depth tutorial, but once you get used to it this is one of the finest shooters of recent times. I'm on level 20 now, having skipped one level (boo :() and looking forward to get destroyed over the course of 80 more or so. A tenner is nothing for such pain!

Advertisement