Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons why you should have owned: The Sega Saturn

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

Don't know if it is allowed to talk about emulation, but has anyone found a decent Saturn emulator. I remember looking around a few years ago and there was nothing that was actually playable.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭fasty

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    So people know what they are missing out on:

Oh god, Soukugurentai was so amazing. I don't play traditional shooters much anymore but between that, Layer Section and Battle Garegga I sunk hours and hours into them and failed countless exams as a result.

My Saturn is hooked up at the moment. I've been playing through Silhouette Mirage for inspiration for something I'm working on.

Great to be on the 21" Trinitron again! I'll have to load up Souky this weekend.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is1ldur wrote: »
    Don't know if it is allowed to talk about emulation, but has anyone found a decent Saturn emulator. I remember looking around a few years ago and there was nothing that was actually playable.

SSF and Yabause are meant to be good. I think SSF is meant to be the best.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I'd definitely buy one if I could get my hands on one.

I have one for sale with 20 odd games :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

Another vote for SSF emulator,other games worth checking out,retro might not agree on them but what the heck lol-

The best beat em up on the saturn i think-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    SSF and Yabause are meant to be good. I think SSF is meant to be the best.

Yabuse was awkward when I tried it (years ago, probably has improved a lot since) but SSF is probably the best out there, I think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thunderforce V is a bit crap. With Radiant Silvergun, Souky and the rest of the shooters it's not worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭7sr2z3fely84g5

Other great games that wont break the bank when buying-

Sega ages vol 1-Outrun/space harrier/afterburner-all on the one disc :D-

Sonic jam-

Galaxy force 2-check out the scaling!-

Advertisement