Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Digger Hydraulics Trouble

Options
  • 06-01-2015 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

Iv a 3T mini digger that is giving trouble .

The problem was on it when I bought it, but is getting worst.

I can be working the digger away grand, everything working, when all of a sudden both joysticks stop working, and in order to get them goin again, I need to move the right track lever a little. Just a little touch does it, and then the joysticks start goin again for another while, and will then stop again until I move the right track lever again, and so on.

Any Ideas?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

Are the joysticks electric/electronic? - if they are could there be a cable loosely plugged in under the joysticks - moving the track lever could push the wire and thus the cable plug back into contact. THe machine moving then vibrates it out after a few minutes and you need to mover the track lever to push it back in contact

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slideways

The problem is the pump isn't loading until you engage the tracks.

What make of digger is it?

Join the heavyequipmentforum.com and one of the guys there will help you out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Had same issue on our bobcat 320 a few months ago.

You know the lever that has to be down to let you work the machine? I call it a deadman... Well this is faulty... It can be bypassed but renewing the seitch is a better option

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Hilux2005

had a similar issue with a Takuchi a while back turned out to be a sticking solenoid on the hydraulic pump

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pnm

Had same issue on our bobcat 320 a few months ago.

You know the lever that has to be down to let you work the machine? I call it a deadman... Well this is faulty... It can be bypassed but renewing the seitch is a better option

well, if it was the deadman - surely i would not be able to move the tracks or anything at all.

its only the joysticks that stop - until i move the tracks.

the tracks will never non-function if i pull the leaver, unless the deadman is activated

• Advertisement

Slideways wrote: »
    The problem is the pump isn't loading until you engage the tracks.

What make of digger is it?

that sounds about right.

its an old mitsubishi digger - 1987!.

Are the joysticks electric/electronic? - if they are could there be a cable loosely plugged in under the joysticks - moving the track lever could push the wire and thus the cable plug back into contact. THe machine moving then vibrates it out after a few minutes and you need to mover the track lever to push it back in contact

no,im fairly sure its a hydraulic problem - . happens too uniformly to be a loose wire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

have you not tried changing your filters etc first

Advertisement