Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

spray tan

• 14-06-2007 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

hi all im graduating next fri and i wanted to get a spray tan done spoil myself you know so that i wouldnt look like an ooompa loompa on the day. was wondering if anyone could recommend a place in cork and what kinda prices id be looking at. and if people can recommend a brand to use i know there are a few. and finally if there is any preparation that needs to be carried out before. oh ya and what to i wear or do the salon give you disposable things. thanks a million, chuci

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boffin

Hey can't help you with salons but can give advice on the rest.

In Dublin for a full body usually its around €40-€45.

I prefer fake bake as it gives a golden tan which suits my complexion - In the sun i will only go a honey colour. St. Tropez however I think has a reddish tone which I think suits darker complexions.

The salon will give you paper knickers. I however prefer to wear my own underwear - don't care if they get ruined at least I'll know where the white bits will be then!!!

You should be exfoliating for a few days before using a exfoliating brush and moisterising. This will make sure all the dead skin is gone and you won't be streaky.

On going to get your spray tan done you should wear loose fitting dark clothes that you don't care if they get some tan on, flip flops and try not to have to wear a bra afterwards as this tends to rub the tan off. Do not have any moisterisier on your body or face or any deorderant.

I would also suggest you get it done in the evening as you can look pretty funny once the tan is on (it goes way darker than it will finally be when you wash it off) and you won't rub as much off when washing hands and doing daily stuff.

Enjoy your graduation!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

thanks boffin i was going to get it done the thurs before my graduation but judging by your post would next wed or tues be a better idea?

The thursday is fine - I get it done on a thursday for a big night out on the friday. I would get it done on the wednesday ionly f I was wearing white on the friday because sometimes all of the residue of the spray tan does not come off on the first wash (although I can assure you i wash very throughly :p )

If your graduation is on first thing in the morning - I might suggest wed as you always think you will have more time and you don't want to running around like a headless chicken worrying about washing off fake tan, then doing your hair etc :D

btw - also meant to add - make sure you have nail polish on your toes and finger nails as this will stop them getting stained from the spray tan! You can then remove it afterwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

thanks a million cool ok its all booked and stuff the nail polish idea is pure genius never thought of doing that

• Advertisement

No problem at all - hopefully it'll turn out gorgeous!

Advertisement