Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

landcruiser 07

• 14-05-2013 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi, I have an 07 lwb landcruiser and it has a rattle/knocking sound from the engine when its cold. Goes away once it warms up! Any ideas what it might be? The injector recall was done in 2010. Clean the gauze in the sump every 12 months as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Horse1920

roryq69 wrote: »
    Hi, I have an 07 lwb landcruiser and it has a rattle/knocking sound from the engine when its cold. Goes away once it warms up! Any ideas what it might be? The injector recall was done in 2010. Clean the gauze in the sump every 12 months as well.

Mine did the same, was worried that it would explode some cold morning.. Injectors were done on recall too - Brought it to Toyota- €25 later to be told that it's fine and they all do that, but I was convinced that it was not good, I drove it on for about another 6 months of the summer and sold her. She's still on the road though and the lad that has her hasn't even changed the oil and is dog rough with her!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭Thelostcountry

In My Opinion, All motors after 2000 are dirt! full of gimicks. DMF,DPF,EGR's,Common Rail, The list goes on.......

240,000miles on me 89 Diesel corolla,she's still going well!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 672 ✭✭✭ace86

If its a knocking noise I'd be thinking Injectors again. If you could bring it to a mechanic and take out the injectors and get them pressure tested at least you know if theres a bad one it might be easier replace one instead of a set.

ace86 wrote: »
    If its a knocking noise I'd be thinking Injectors again. If you could bring it to a mechanic and take out the injectors and get them pressure tested at least you know if theres a bad one it might be easier replace one instead of a set.

If it was an injector. The noise would be there all the time! not just when cold!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 dsgking

its def an injector problem. happened to a friend 2005 one and after 3 years the engine went,

the reason it went was when it was turned off/parked, it dripped diesel down from injector into engine, over time this caused gunk to block the gauze for for the oil pump and eventually it starved itself of oil, had 290kms on clock. not worth rebulding

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭roryq69

Got the injectors tested at main dealer and they say they are reading fine. Did have to get the rear diff changed.....but thats another story!

Did have to get the rear diff changed.....but thats another story!

Oh!! that cost a pretty Penny!! :pac:

Was surprisingly cheap for a main dealer. Picked up a second hand diff from an 08 with 100k on the clock......towbar looked barely used too:). cost 450.

Got the diff swapped and oils changed in font and back diff housings along with transfer box oil seal and transfer box oil change. Got the joint on the steering column greased as well and it cost a total of 360 oil, labour, and gasket/seals! Was delighted with that.

Now just get these cheap chinese tyres off the front and get some continental at's on! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Now just get these cheap chinese tyres off the front and get some continental at's on! :rolleyes:
    Don't bother with Continentals, get BFG AT's. They last twice as long.

• Advertisement

But can you get BFT's for 120 euros each fitted? Have 2 continentals on the back and have 30k on them and they're only half worn. Thought i'd be lucky to get that before the went bald!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭iron man

i am having difficulty with my cruiser at the minute. when you start her from cold she produces a serious amounr of white smoke. the 1st rev produces another ploom of whitd smoke... the next rev produces blue smoke. it could take 5km to get rid of that. by then she is well warm. prior to it getting worse i have taken it to toyota twice and they say she is fine. any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

iron man wrote: »
    i am having difficulty with my cruiser at the minute. when you start her from cold she produces a serious amounr of white smoke. the 1st rev produces another ploom of whitd smoke... the next rev produces blue smoke. it could take 5km to get rid of that. by then she is well warm. prior to it getting worse i have taken it to toyota twice and they say she is fine. any ideas?
    Clean the filters in the pump there is two or three, start with the small one in the fuel return in the pump and under the spill control. Then replace the main filter, there is also a small one in the fuel supply/return unit in the tank.
    I would think the one in the pump is the problem.
    http://www.moranbahweather.com/toyota/lc_trj12/rm/rm997e/m_11_0007.pdf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Kevin McCloud

iron man wrote: »
    any ideas?

The year would be helpful.

Advertisement