Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wimpys

Options
  • 09-07-2010 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭

I was juust watching Grumpy Old Men and they were on about Wimpys and how great the food was, for chipper food.

I concur, there was one in Westport up until a couple of years ago and they had the best burgers I've tasted, with lovely fried onions on top.

But thats closed now, and most seem to have been closed for a long long time. Are there any others out there??

I'm willing to travel, think Harold and Kumar get the munchies :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I think there's one in Wicklow- Roundwood maybe. I pass it, but can't remember which town it's in.

EDIT: Actually, its Rathnew. It was there a few weeks ago anyway, it's in the petrol station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

I haven't seen or eaten in a Wimpys in about 7 years,but the chicken burger was so delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

Alwaysadub, it's in Rathnew. Two peas in a pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭NBTD

I think theres one on the Foxford road in Ballina, in one of the petrol stations. Cant remember which one though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

From the Wiki page:
    There are a few outlets in Ireland, most combined with petrol stations. It has an outlet in Urlingford, County Kilkenny, Ireland, which is the location of the rest stop for buses between Dublin and Cork; and one in Celbridge, County Kildare. Most are located in Petrogas (Applegreen) petrol stations, as they hold the master franchise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wimpy_(restaurant)#Ireland_branches

Don't know how up to date the info is because I've never been to one myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Alwaysadub, it's in Rathnew. Two peas in a pod.

Ha,i didn't see that till after i edited my post!
    I'm useless with place names-go through bout 5 till i eventually remember :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Aye, there's one out my way in Applegreen in Celbridge.

My brother says the food is good!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Theres one in the Apple Green petrol station on the M7 heading South between Dublin and Naas. The food is sh1te though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭minister poxbottle

You cant beat your local italian chipper

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

There was one in a petrol station on the Naas road, I think it may still be there, had a quick Google and apparently there are a few in Ireland(edit, Bob got in there before me :D) mostly attached to Petrol stations. I can't say that i would go out of my way for one, in fact i would rather a eat in Supermacs, and i can't stand their food!

• Advertisement
Advertisement