Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Times you were caught "robbing" when you were young

• 08-07-2010 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Mine was when I was about 12 and in the local shop. Was shoving a brunch icecream in my jacket when the shopkeeper caught me. I tried to say that I was just wiping the ice off it but to no avail. Was barred from the shop. After dinner every evening when the mother would ask me to run up to the shop for a block of icecream I would have to make up excuses. "My knee is killing me, I feel dizzy, sick ect." Was not long before my Dad went into the shop and told the true story. Grounded for a month:(.

I'm sure there is a lot worse and more amusing stories out there, so lets have em.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Never saw the attraction in stealing something.

Does it taste better or worse if it's stolen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,121 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Rylan wrote: »
    Mine was when I was about 12 and in the local shop. Was shoving a brunch icecream in my jacket when the shopkeeper caught me. I tried to say that I was just wiping the ice off it but to no avail. Was barred from the shop. After dinner every evening when the mother would ask me to run up to the shop for a block of icecream I would have to make up excuses. "My knee is killing me, I feel dizzy, sick ect." Was not long before my Dad went into the shop and told the true story. Grounded for a month:(.

I'm sure there is a lot worse and more amusing stories out there, so lets have em.

There's nothing as bad as trying to steal a Brunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I don't think I was ever caught.

Overheard a incompetent security guard radioing ahead to the door once though so I dumped whatever I was stealing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

easyeason3 wrote: »

Does it taste better or worse if it's stolen?

Much better, like someones else's girlfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

Was not long before my Dad went into the shop and told the true story. Grounded for a month:(.

You got away lightly, I know of a shop who posted pictures of suspected shoplifters on their windows, under the heading BEWARE.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

you brunch of scumbags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Insurgent wrote: »

I've never tasted someone elses girlfriend but I'll keep it in mind.

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    you brunch of scumbags

Materially replete teenage life > petty morals :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭deisedude

If you had brought a Magnum with you it would have been much easier to steal the ice cream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

You got away lightly, I know of a shop who posted pictures of suspected shoplifters on their windows, under the heading BEWARE.

So a man in a sweet shop wouldnt let kids leave until he took their picture?? Sounds dodgy to me

• Advertisement

Solution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I was like 14 or something, I went into a shop and took a bag of maltesers. The security fella chased me down the road, marched me back to the shop then called the gardai. They asked me if I was sorry then told me to be good from now on and get back to school

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

A friend of mine (and yes, it really was a friend on mine, not me!!!) got caught stealing a box of tampons, police were called in and she had to go to court - was a very embarrassing experience for her...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,121 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

phasers wrote: »
    I was like 14 or something, I went into a shop and took a bag of maltesers. The security fella chased me down the road, marched me back to the shop then called the gardai. They asked me if I was sorry then told me to be good from now on and get back to school

:cool:

I can't help but notice that you are now located in "hell", so I think the Malteser incident must be the tip of the iceberg.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Was caught by the mother asking where the sweets came from.
    My second attempt at a OG lifestyle at 10.
    She then marched me up to the shop to apologise and pay for them.
    Didn't go back to the shop for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Mine was when I was about 12 and in the local shop. Was shoving a brunch icecream in my jacket

Was cought robbing a brunch too.
    At an agricultural show, had to give a pound for it instead of the 50p it should have cost!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Would you download a brunch?

damn straight I would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,331 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I borrowed a Trocaire box from one pub and went up to the next pub and payed for all my Guinness with coppers for the night.

I got caught the next day when the 2 publicans talked to each other, got a slap on the wrists from one of the publicans and was barred until I was 18, the other publican gave me a job and a tab which helped fund my under age drinking.

Haven't borrowed anything since without permission or a very good excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

Insurgent wrote: »

You like the sloppy seconds eh:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

When I was a toddler I was every parent's nightmare - I'd wander off on my own the second they weren't watching. My parents even bought a leash for me at one stage, though they maintain they never used it.

Anyway, this one time we were at a shopping centre and I escaped my captors parents. I found a card store and stole a bunch of mylar balloons, went to a candy store and stuffed my face.

After what my parents say was around an hour, I wandered over to the security/customer service booth, where they couldn't see me because the booth was too high and I was only three but they could see this big bunch of mylar balloons, so they looked down to see me, my face covered in chocolate, and I asked "is anyone looking for me yet?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

I robbed a girl of her dignity once..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I robbed this penguin once just for shits and giggles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

KTRIC wrote: »
    I robbed this penguin once just for shits and giggles

I knew they **** but didn't know they giggled , must get one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Kasabian wrote: »
    I knew they **** but didn't know they giggled , must get one

Only when they're drunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I accidently robbed a chocolate bar once, had it in my head and was buying other stuff and forgot to put it on the counter. Felt awful after that! I was only young though.

I'd never risk shoplifting because knowing my luck I'd be caught and thrown in jail:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

KTRIC wrote: »
    Only when they're drunk

That's just the girl penguins , seems to be a trait shared with females of the human species.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

I walked out of a shop after buying a big bag of Malteasers......the security guard stopped me and said I stole them. I professed my innocence , so he asked for the reciept........

WHAT 10 YEAR OLD KEEPS THE RECIEPT?!?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I was three and took a musical windmill from the bunratty castle giftshop. My dad caught me. Oh the shame!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Apanachi wrote: »
    A friend of mine (and yes, it really was a friend on mine, not me!!!) got caught stealing a box of tampons, police were called in and she had to go to court - was a very embarrassing experience for her...

true story?

no strings attached.....?:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

easyeason3 wrote: »
    I've never tasted someone elses girlfriend but I'll keep it in mind.

Do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭smokie2008

stovelid wrote: »
    hahahahahahahahahaha that was just too funny, didnt know what to expect:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

thebullkf wrote: »
    true story?

no strings attached.....?:pac:

True story, (it was in Germany, you wouldn't get brought to court for something that in Ireland though, or would you?)

There was quite a few blue strings attached though

Advertisement