Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pamela Izevbekhai to be deported (maybe, no source quoted)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I was hoping she would get a suspended sentence. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Dymo wrote: »
    Following on from this mega thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055261880&page=197

Her lies have finally caught up with her.

I don't see a source...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I don't know who she is because I don't read, listen or watch any form of news or current events but her name made me think of bukkake so i'm happy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

No Way!

Will she get a bill for her stay inclusive of close to a decade of legal bills?
    What about her kids?
    What about her supportes 'Let them stay', will they form a barricade to prevent the deportation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Chiorino

At long last. I don't suppose the state will get any of the cash spent on her legal fees back?

• Advertisement

I sure hope what ever happens it doesnt lead to AHers making sweeping statements about all asylum seekers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

She won't be deported. She'll be appealing to the ECHR.

The Supreme Court has dismissed an attempt by a Nigerian woman to appeal her deportation.
    Pamela Izevbekhai was seeking to appeal the decision by the Minister for Justice to deport her and her two daughters to Nigeria.

Her lawyers argued that a new European Union directive allowed the Minister to review her case, which centres on the risk she claims her daughters face from female genital mutilation if returned to Nigeria. Her lawyers said afterwards that Ms Izevbekhai would know examine all the options left open to her including a possible a appeal to the European Court of Human Rights. http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0709/izevbekhaip.html

Get in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I'd front up the cash myself to pay for her flight if I knew we'd be deporting her. What a shyster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

rovert wrote: »
    Get out

FYP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Should be thrown in jail for perjury and fraud.
    I understand that it costs money to keep someone in jail.
    But she made a mockery of our judicial system and made fools of the State.

Sometimes an example needs to be set.
    I'm not advocating some extraordinary sentence, just the going rate for perjury and also fraud since false documents were used.

Immediate deportation when the sentence is over.

If she is deported now then:
    She got accommodation, food and her entitlements while she played this game.
    So zero consequences for countless appeals that she lost.
    So the next person will try all this and the worst that can happen is they will be deported and that would have happened anyway without delaying tactics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

snubbleste wrote: »
    She won't be deported. She'll be appealing to the ECHR.

I hope she wins just to show the government the ECHR is bigger than them and some of us were right to vote no to Lisbon.
    The political establishment wanted the ECHR have a bigger say....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

No source quoted, this thread should be locked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Dymo wrote: »
    Following on from this mega thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055261880&page=197

Her lies have finally caught up with her.

That thread is from Politics. If you have a source, start a new thread as suggested, in Politics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement