Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Hated 1, do like 2 a lot. Will keep an eye on this. I haven't played any of the dlc - does it improve things or is it more of the same?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I is excite :pac:

But seriously, Pitchford is worse than peter molyneux ever was for spoofing etc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wasn't fond of the first game myself , never played 2, have it for the vita though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

A game that will show Destiny how bad it is as an FPS/RPG loot game. While being fun and with class that are actually different to each other rather than just one it's special ability.

Just hope they change this enough that it won't get stale, B2 was a very good step up from the first game but the first had better DLC.

No matter what this game looks like at launch we all know there is already a ton of planned DLC for it.

A game that will show Destiny how bad it is as an FPS/RPG loot game. While being fun and with class that are actually different to each other rather than just one it's special ability.

Just hope they change this enough that it won't get stale, B2 was a very good step up from the first game but the first had better DLC.

No matter what this game looks like at launch we all know there is already a ton of planned DLC for it.

I don't mind the DLC to be honest, OK the head hunter packs were rubbish but unlike a plethora of other games regardless of the quality of the main DLC, it was good value in terms of length and content etc (I choose to forget the Moxxi one was ever made) and didn't feel like it was content deliberately held back for DLC.

I really hope Burch is onboard for it , his input was sorely missing from the Pre-Sequel.

Wonder were they will take it after 2's end and the presequel threw up some more possibilities with it's ending, and a fact casually dropped into conversation in the Holdome dlc , kind of blink and you missed it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 380 ✭✭macyard

Mr E wrote: »

I enjoyed the first one, but is the chuck writing this one again if so I will skip/pirate it depending of the level of reddit memes he puts in it

Heres whats been shown so far http://www.windowscentral.com/gearbox-panel-pax-south

No Borderlands 3 but there is still a few hours left to go at the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

"Ready to start"...

Ah FFS. :) I can't be the only one who was expecting more progress than that?

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2015/01/26/pax-south-2015-gearbox-on-borderlands-3-were-ready-to-start

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Will probably get the prequel ps4 edition at some point so not bothered waiting.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

Can't wait for this, love the first two. Still have to finish number two despite playing 30 hours so far. I still have to get the pre-sequel and Tales From The Borderlands, they'll keep me busy until 3 comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got really burned out on the whole formula with the second game and DLC. It's going to have to change things up a bit to get me to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nearly finished the pre-sequel. I can't see myself doing a 2nd playthrough like the others, though. That might change if some really good DLC comes out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Apolloyon

I'm nearly finished the Pre-Sequel too. I am really looking forward to Borderlands 3. But I figure by the time I get a PS4 (on PS3 currently) and playthrough the remastered earlier games on that, it'll be ready to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

There's Nothing About Borderlands 3 In Here :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Cormac... wrote: »
    There's Nothing About Borderlands 3 In Here :mad:

There's nothing about Borderlands 3 anywhere. They haven't started it yet. Disappointing to say the least. I presumed The Pre-Sequel was more of a "re-use the BL2 engine to make a game to tide over fans while we work on BL3"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Great news, loved 1 and 2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I was excited on seeing the title of this thread, before remembering that I'm actually pretty done with Borderlands; I played number 2 and all its constituent DLC into the long wee hours on manys an occasion and conceptually I felt the sequel wrung about as much content as you could out of Pandora. The pre-sequel looked like a fairly uninspired cash-grab, so I'm fairly sceptical as to what a third iteration might bring to the table. Move off Pandora and into space perhaps; an arcade space adventure, Elite-lite or something similar, could be an interesting direction.

It'll be the Far Cry 4 of Borderlands... "the same but more"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Cormac... wrote: »
    It'll be the Far Cry 4 of Borderlands... "the same but more"

Prequel did that, this will have to be Borderworlds in some variation to make it an outright sequel.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Prequel did that, this will have to be Borderworlds in some variation to make it an outright sequel.

True iIguess, but what more can they do really without it getting Saints Row 4 silly :D
    I never played BL1 so don;t know how much of a big jump there was there

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If you reach max level before finishing any borderlands game are you pretty much invincible ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If you reach max level before finishing any borderlands game are you pretty much invincible ?

You go into Ng+ so it's rare for you to be overleveled too much unless you go back playing low-level areas. Low level enemies won't net you Xp once you are a certain level above them either and the loot will be worthless to you.

What is the max level or is there one?

What is the max level or is there one?

Borderlands 2 was OP 8, which without a slag and swap set up and the right gear was pretty tough with 4 people in the game.

Been a while but the 1st one was totally broken after a point, so was 2 to a degree.

Confimed as being for ''next gen'' only http://www.vg247.com/2015/02/04/borderlands-3-will-be-built-specifically-for-next-gen/

Isn't about time we started calling it current gen and last gen , it's been over a year now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

calex71 wrote: »
    Confimed as being for ''next gen'' only http://www.vg247.com/2015/02/04/borderlands-3-will-be-built-specifically-for-next-gen/

Isn't about time we started calling it current gen and last gen , it's been over a year now :D

Most have

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Borderlands 3 leaked by Walmart. Should be shown at e3.

I cannot wait I loved the whole series so far even the pre sequel even though some didn't like it.

https://www.gamebyte.com/walmart-canada-has-just-accidentally-leaked-unannounced-e3-games/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

found the problem with the prequel was you'd play it for a while and then think "I want to play Borderlands 2", must load it back up

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hope they focus on making the matchmaking as easy and seamless as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

This will have to get a pc release wont it?

Advertisement