Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Chilling Feeling - Fahrenheit Remake

Options
  • 22-01-2015 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭

http://achillingfeeling.com/

A teaser website that now shows 6 Days and words make the tagline 'Guilt is a chilling feeling' from Fahrenheit.

Farenheit was such a class game, bit crazy but had me hooked, still listen to some of the tunes off the soundtrack in my car.

So, anyone looking forward to a possible Farenheit 2 in a next gen Heavy Rain kinda game?

Screen-Shot-2015-01-21-at-2.38.49-pm.png

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I loved the first game, even if it did go utterly insane towards the end. Like bat **** crazy. Interested to see what this is about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Definitely interested in this, absolutely loved Fahrenheit!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not too sure about this. David Cage's stuff has progressively gotten worse. Heavy Rain had interesting ideas with how it used QTE's but ultimately for a game that relied of narrative the narrative was utter rubbish. Then Beyond was pretty much the worst game I've played in a very long time with the only fun being the unintentional comedy playing co-op with my girlfriend slagging it off.

If David Cage hires a writer it might be good. If he does the writing.... oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Fahrenheit was amazing.

Now, it did go totally crazy in the final 3rd, but up until then it was a really tense and entertaining game.

I just remember running away from giant bugs and then fighting like Goku from Dragon Ball Z. Plus some sort of super AI that wanted to destroy the planet.

It was utterly mental :P

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    I just remember running away from giant bugs and then fighting like Goku from Dragon Ball Z. Plus some sort of super AI that wanted to destroy the planet.

Don't forget the sex scene with the main character and his ex. When she calls over to get her stuff after the break up, if you offer her a drink and play the guitar, they end up in the bed room.

The controls were funny for the scene.

It was a great game when it you where playing the cops and the murderer and trying to figure it all out, but then it went mental with Matrix style abilities and Mayans and AI as opposing factions. It was still good, but the first half of the game was better.

I failed miserably at that, and "blew it" on the first move...it was a sad reflection on my life at the time :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Kiith wrote: »
    I failed miserably at that, and "blew it" on the first move...it was a sad reflection on my life at the time :P

:pac::pac:

That was such a weird scene, I was just hoping no one would walk in as there was no explaining it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Savage, hope it's true.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    :pac::pac:

That was such a weird scene, I was just hoping no one would walk in as there was no explaining it

Same as that. Hopping the mouse off the mouse mat and two characters moaning on screen.

I didn't get the scene until my second playthrough and it caught me totally by surprise.

Another one:
    When you are playing as Tyler and his misses decides to strip and dance for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

I love those Quantic Dream style of games. Heavy Rain had some issues in the writing department but it was so atmospheric that it glossed over the weak bits. I loved the first half of Fahrenheit, before it went full crazy with A.I.s, ancient Mayans, super-powered fights, giant bugs, Area 51 and the possibility that
    your character may be some sort of a zombie!

I'm only a bit into Beyond: Two souls and all I want to say is that it combines the best bits of Heavy Rain with the Worst bits of Fahrenheit!

Long story short, i'm cautiously optimistic but would prefer if David Cage would hire a co-writer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,578 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Loved Farenheit. Count me in for the sequel. Or the first 80-90% of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Would the sequel start off bat**** crazy and keep going from there!? It'd be interesting at least.

Don't forget the sex scene in a freezing cold train, he's already a zombie by then too!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

I only got part into Fahrenheit; then I couldn't get past a part; I think I was fighting bugs or something an office.

I'd love a remaster instead of a sequel because I'm buggered if I'm buying a PS2 to play it.
    Still have the game on disc though; bought it after Heavy Rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I only got part into Fahrenheit; then I couldn't get past a part; I think I was fighting bugs or something an office.

I'd love a remaster instead of a sequel because I'm buggered if I'm buying a PS2 to play it.
    Still have the game on disc though; bought it after Heavy Rain.

It's on PC. And it's ancient so I'm sure even a calculator can run it.

Kirby wrote: »
    It's on PC. And it's ancient so I'm sure even a calculator can run it.

I was actually thinking about that. I hate PC gaming, but I might see if I can get my DS3/DS4 connected again.

Will wait to see what they're releasing first anyway haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭recyclops

If you have an xbox 360 it's available as a digital download

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Poor old David Cage, I think he gets an unfair bashing I quiet enjoyed all his games. He seems to be the go to guy for gamers when talking about bad writing but he is far from the worst. I say fair play to him for trying something different.

It is much harder to write and direct a game than it is a TV show or movie, not just because the script is much longer but you also have to factor a game into the experience and the random input from the user.

Poor old David Cage, I think he gets an unfair bashing I quiet enjoyed all his games. He seems to be the go to guy for gamers when talking about bad writing but he is far from the worst. I say fair play to him for trying something different.

It is much harder to write and direct a game than it is a TV show or movie, not just because the script is much longer but you also have to factor a game into the experience and the random input from the user.

Yeah, I really like his games. But it seems split like 50/50. Half love him, half hate him. I for one hope he keeps it up, after I played Heavy Rain, which is probably my favourite game ever, Beyond is the game I nearly looked most forward to.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,810 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's far worse writers but what makes David Cage laughable is he believes his games are some form of high art when they wouldn't even make abad sci fi channel original or ****ty cop show. Now he does have good ideas for his games but the execution is seriously flawed and when your game us relying on story and it's so bloody terrible there's not much left.

I find all his games open with a good idea and then quickly deteriorate from there. Really if he gave that idea to a real writer to work on his games would be pretty damn good.

Beyond Two Souls though is an exception. That game is just horrible and even its main mechanic isn't even handled well. Dreadful stuff altogether and the story is by far his worst with a plot twist I had figured before I even started the game and not even an interesting hook that kept the likes of Fahrenheit and Heavy Rain going until you it played its hand and you discovered it was all nonsense.

• Advertisement

I've met him a few times and never got that impression from chatting to him, he talks passionately about why he thinks story, narrative and different game designs are important and why he would like to see more games take on new approaches but I always felt he was talking about an ideal that he is trying to work towards rather than saying that is exactly what he is doing and that he is the best at it.

I've met him a few times and never got that impression from chatting to him, he talks passionately about why he thinks story, narrative and different game designs are important and why he would like to see more games take on new approaches but I always felt he was talking about an ideal that he is trying to work towards rather than saying that is exactly what he is doing and that he is the best at it.

I don't know, he can say all that but if he thinks his games are changing that status quo in anyway he is very much mistaken. I feel his games are getting worse and less interesting and really there's no defending his writing skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

http://www.pcgamer.com/fahrenheit-indigo-prophecy-remastered-appears-to-be-a-thing/

So it's quite likely just a remaster and not a sequel. Bit disappointed in that.

Will it be on the XBOX ONE and PS4 I wonder.

I would be a day one for me if it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,482 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Will it be on the XBOX ONE and PS4 I wonder.

I would be a day one for me if it was.

Sounds like it's just for PC, bit of a balls if so.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Sounds like it's just for PC, bit of a balls if so.

Odd (or just a pity), considering it was on all platforms when it launched originally.

Will be very disappointed if its not on PS4; you'd imagine it would be what with Sony backing them on Heavy Rain and Beyond.

With Beyond planned for a PS4 release too they might look to do a triple pack and bundle all three remastered games together.

Between this and Grim Fandango Remastered not on XBOX, I don't know what Microsoft is at.

• Advertisement

The original publisher and not Quantic Dream might have full ownership of Fahrenheit which probably explains the PC release, I imagine if Quantic Dream owned it Sony wouldn't let this off the PS4 platform.

Advertisement