Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long metal outdoor storage? - not shed!

Options
  • 20-07-2012 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to find an outdoor storage metal box which will fit a bike/windsurfer/kayak and be insitu beside a mobile home, it has to be seriously durable for major winter storms. The real solution is a metal garden shed but we are not in a position to erect one. There are a number of options on the market built for bike storage that are excellent but the width falls well short of fitting a windsurfer/kayak. I'm looking at width of 3m, max height 120cm. Is anyone aware of anything on the market

Thanks, Tom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,282 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Why not put them in the mobile home?

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭boardtc

Victor wrote: »
    Why not put them in the mobile home?
    Sigh. That's what we do now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Does the site not let you erect one or you can't afford it? I got a 12x12 steel shed for €100 on donedeal there are great deals on there sub. Are you looking for security or just you protecting them from the elements. Surely the windsurfer will slot under the mobile home and you can get a cover for the kayak and chain it to the chassis then you just need a bike pod: http://www.arba.ie/home/bicycle-bike-pod.html

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭WildWater

That bike pod is clever.

Another option OP would be to have something built to your specification. I'd say an outfit like these guys would be more than up for it. Might cost a few bob but if it does what you need.

paddyp wrote: »
    Does the site not let you erect one or you can't afford it? I got a 12x12 steel shed for €100 on donedeal there are great deals on there sub. Are you looking for security or just you protecting them from the elements. Surely the windsurfer will slot under the mobile home and you can get a cover for the kayak and chain it to the chassis then you just need a bike pod: http://www.arba.ie/home/bicycle-bike-pod.html

Bike Pod is cool Paddy, expensive but cool! Planning issues at minute for shed :-( Protecting from the elements during the summer time with winter more of a security concern

• Advertisement

WildWater wrote: »
    That bike pod is clever.

Another option OP would be to have something built to your specification. I'd say an outfit like these guys would be more than up for it. Might cost a few bob but if it does what you need.

Nice idea, I have emailed my requirements for an opportunity to quote

Advertisement