Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend in Wicklow

Options
  • 17-07-2012 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

We were looking to take a short trip around the towns and villages of Wicklow. We hoping to stay in or around a few pubs or hotels and have an evening meal with them.

During the day we would then tour Wicklow; stopping off for some investigation in some of the town and villages and other tourist venues.

Anyone got any suggestions or know of any pubs or hotels that or other locations that might be suitable for overnighting in a camper in the area.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Have a look at http://www.safenightsireland.com/ its exactly what your looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭bluethunder

We visited Wicklow last year. We needed to stop off for some supplies in the camper shop in Blessington (very helpful) and the guy there told us about a spot near a lake that many people use for wild camping. There were two pubs nearby and i'm pretty sure one of them served food. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the place but if you pop into the shop you might get the directions from them?

Edit: found it! Ballyknockan. The camp spot is just before the village on the left, we had no trouble there.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭irishllanaber

You could have a look at Greystones
    http://www.greystonesguide.ie/motor-...local-tourism/

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭davidod1

Two good suggestions - thank you.

We'll definitely support the Graystones initiative and stay there a couple of nights and use the nearby facilities. It's good to see them having the courage to give it a try.

Advertisement