Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Second hand windows???

• 08-07-2012 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all

Had small disaster this weekend and lost the upstairs side window in our camper :o
    Would anyone know of where we could get a second hand one? Its for a Knaus sport traveller.
    Alternatively if anyone has a suggestion of how we could just replace it with clear perspex (I don't mind if it doesn't open there is a second one on the other side)?

I'm trying dealers in Ireland (Dongheys and crazy camping) to see what it comes in at new but reckon it will probably be expensive.

Can't take the camper anywhere until we get it fixed :(

Georgie
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

hard to replace with Perspex , as well as being technically illegal... S/H windows are darn scarce , hardly anyone ever has reason to remove one . Last Knaus I did , I replaced the Roxite style window with a standard style Seitz one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 GeorgieR

Hi Aidan

How easy/difficult was it to replace with the seitz one?

Got a quote on the knaus one and as expected its expensive :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

GeorgieR wrote: »
    Hi Aidan

How easy/difficult was it to replace with the seitz one?

Got a quote on the knaus one and as expected its expensive :(

Cut out sizes are listed here:
    http://www.obrienscamping.co.uk/articles/Fitting_Caravan_Window.htm

That will give you an idea of how much you'd need to remove or fill to replace you may be lucky and it will be within a couple of mm and require little work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I got one the same width , and a few inches higher so that the cut out also removed the section that had the original hinge rail in it .

Advertisement