Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of buying 2nd hand mobile home,questions..

Options
  • 30-06-2012 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Need advice from mobile home owners.Half thinking of getting a second hand mobile home,looking to put it in Wicklow/North Wexford.Rang a place in Dublin which looks after 9 parks,guy said most parks won't take people bringing in their own mobile homes,said I have to buy direct from the parks.Also said if its over 7 years old I'll have no chance of getting in somewere.Is this true?
    Also what are the charges on average?And do they include electricity,water,bins etc.Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭WildWater

There was a thread few days ago about mobile homes. It didn't get many responses. I guess most of us on here have little or no experience.

here it is

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056660852

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭shooter57

toby2111 wrote: »
    Need advice from mobile home owners.Half thinking of getting a second hand mobile home,looking to put it in Wicklow/North Wexford.Rang a place in Dublin which looks after 9 parks,guy said most parks won't take people bringing in their own mobile homes,said I have to buy direct from the parks.Also said if its over 7 years old I'll have no chance of getting in somewere.Is this true?
    Also what are the charges on average?And do they include electricity,water,bins etc.Thanks

hi , as in regards not getting in to a prk with a mobile older than 7 years all depend on which park you are trying to get into . I think I know which guy you are referring to and most of his parks have fairly new homes . There is only one or two parks who keep this rule which is in my opinion a money racket .
    I have a mobile in Wexford , its a lot older , I bought it on site , you are better off to have a look on Donedeal and the likes and try buy a mobile already on site where your water , plumbing, electricity etc is all ready to go . Different parks have different site fees per year anything from 1800e to 2500e this should include all plus bins .

hope this helps , any other questions just ask :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Thanks for your reply.
    Not going to bother now.As you said,its a money racket.The brother-in-law knows a guy selling a decent mobile home so we were going to buy it together for both families to use.But I enquired to lots of places,most of them weren't interested in us taking our mobile in.Another guy had a spare site but quoted us €2000 just to take it in!!!I suppose we were naiive in thinking that we could just put it on a free site in a mobile home park and then pay the annual charges.
    Anyway,in this pissy weather,I'm glad we didn't buy it!!

Advertisement