Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring back ....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

The heat is on...the time is right...

Ah going for gold. If I was watching those contestants with their cheesy waves i knew I was late back to school after lunch...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Crystal maze ftw, was going to go for blockbusters before I saw this option. Best. Gameshow. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Carnal Knowledge tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Bullseye! I always wanted to win a speedboat...nowhere to put it but... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Lamia

Definitely Crystal Maze, used to love that show.

Again only if Richard O' Brien was the host. He just had this eerie aura about him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Richard O'Brien and "mumsy" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Lamia

*shudder* :p

That man always had the strangest dress sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Some great memories here. (It's like the All Things Retro forum tbh.) I loved Knightmare, it was on re-run on Challenge TV about eighteen months ago. Legend show.

I used to love watching Blockbusters with my mam. All those hippy students :D

Going for Gold was great too. Isn't there a French language version, Questions pour un Champion or somesuch.

Well looks like Crystal Maze is the clear winner here. Some of the prizes were atrocious (not in Crystal Maze but others) though, "I'm afraid you're going home with the thesaurus today".:p

Ruu wrote:
    Would have to be Blockbusters (original host of course but dont think Bob is able to do so anymore)
    He's going on 78 this year, my god! Where's time going? Still have the board game on top of the wardrobe. :)
    r3nu4l wrote:
    Bullseye! I always wanted to win a speedboat...nowhere to put it but... :D
    It has been brought back but with a new host and I'm not a fan of him either. Dave Spikey or something???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Tori

Does anyone remember 'It's A Knockout'? - the best laugh ever!

Tori wrote:

Les Denis hosted that, or Frank Bruno? I know both of them done it at some stage. Another obstacle course type thing was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

It was yeah, had that "Dirty Den" chap as one of the hosts playing the bad guy always putting down the contestants.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

15 to 1

was the best quiz on tv...

Ruu wrote:
    Les Denis hosted that, or Frank Bruno? I know both of them done it at some stage. Another obstacle course type thing was it?

Yeah it was an obstacle course one - had guys trying to complete it in huge Sumo Wrestler fat suits some of the time and they did one with the Royal family - a total joke! Not sure about Les Denis or Frank Bruno. I can't think of the original guy's name but he had an infectious high pitched laugh.

High pitched laugh eh? That sounds awfully like Les Denis. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

The Crystal Maze only... and only if Richard O Brien did it.

Or maybe the Krypton Factor, that was cool.

Nightwish wrote:
    The Crystal Maze only... and only if Richard O Brien did it.

Or maybe the Krypton Factor, that was cool.

Heres a clip to bring everyone back. :)

Ruu wrote:
    High pitched laugh eh? That sounds awfully like Les Denis. :)

Found out his name was Stuart Hall - ring any bells?

• Advertisement

Don't remember the name but when I saw his picture I recognised it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

A gameshow sprung to mind today...

It was an American show which was screened on Lifestyle (a cable channel of old).

The basic premise was that there was a board with a number of panels and behind each was a symbol, match pairs of symbols to win prizes. Was it called Concentration?

I used to enjoy that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

tori wrote:

I loved It's a Knockout! Stuart Hall and Eddie Butler were the commentators/hosts. Hall's laugh was infectious!

Always enjoyed the international version with teams from different european countries too, Jeux Sans Frontiers (spl?).

Happy days! :D

A gameshow sprung to mind today...

It was an American show which was screened on Lifestyle (a cable channel of old).

The basic premise was that there was a board with a number of panels and behind each was a symbol, match pairs of symbols to win prizes. Was it called Concentration?

I used to enjoy that.
    Yep, Classic Concentration I seem to recall.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Baby4 wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Ford Boyard came first I believe (according to this) That was good too, but I loved The Crystal Maze much better. Would definitely be cool to see it on again or even to see repeats.

Would also vote for The Krypton Factor. Cool show!

Wasn't that chap who play Dirty Den in Eastenders the host on Fort Boyard? Who was the other host on Crystal Maze after Richard O'Brien?

Ruu wrote:
    Who was the other host on Crystal Maze after Richard O'Brien?
    Ed Tudor Pole *shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Got to be Bullseye, i wonder what they'd giveaway these days, seen as caravans and speed-boats arent really appealing prizes!!!

Bullseye has returned, although its on Challenge and has a different presenter. MP4 players seem to be popular on the prize board.

It's just not the same without Jim, the new guy Dave somethingorother even tries to add his own catchphrases into it. I don't like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭a bientot

Last night Fremantle Media France were in Dublin to find candidates to select the Irish team who will represent their country in France at the end of February against nine other countries..all will be seen on F3 and on TV5MONDE in 202 countries in early March.........

If you live in CORK and are interested go to the Alliance Francaise at 14h today Saturday 3 Feb...........

Advertisement