Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs you're a FPL addict - Boarsie edition - Please read first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Was flicking through photo folders on laptop earlier came across one from a wedding later last year........what wonderful memories it brought back .........genuinely brought a smile to my face........the day Aguero scored 5 vs Newcastle !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

When you try to explain why you want Arsenal to win tomorrow despite being a United fan.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

When you're obsessing so much that you begin to drop the "gameweek", even the "GW" and you're left talking in just 34's, 35's, 36's and 37's.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

...you're wrecked this morning having sat up waaaay to late last night gorging on DGW wildcard strategies once the fixtures came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

When you're supposed to meet the lads for drinks after work but really want to go home to revise your wildcard plans after the Palace/Everton fixture announcement

• Advertisement

When your predictive text suggested words (on Samsung phone) knows any common PL player by the first letter of their name.

Type A and the three suggestions are "Aguero, A, And" in that order!

Select Aguero and it prompts a comma. Select the comma and it suggests Kane, Lukaku, Vardy!! :)

I can type out my full team on mobile without having to type any players name in full. That's shockingly sad. It even knows to suggest defenders after you've entered a defender etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭Cartman78

^^^^^
    Haha...have noticed this a lot lately alright.

Can type out my full team now in about 30 siggurdsons

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

FHFC wrote: »
    When your predictive text suggested words (on Samsung phone) knows any common PL player by the first letter of their name.

Type A and the three suggestions are "Aguero, A, And" in that order!

Select Aguero and it prompts a comma. Select the comma and it suggests Kane, Lukaku, Vardy!! :)

I can type out my full team on mobile without having to type any players name in full. That's shockingly sad. It even knows to suggest defenders after you've entered a defender etc.

My God, now I think you need help:pac:

It's frightening to think what you would be like if you were doing as well as you(we all) were last year. :(

My God, now I think you need help:pac:

It's frightening to think what you would be like if you were doing as well as you(we all) were last year. :(

Its partly a function of FPL/Boards FSA being pretty much all I use the internet on my phone for. :)

Making excuses for it probably makes it worse though..... :(

Oh, and the worse I do the harder I try! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Its partly a function of FPL/Boards FSA being pretty much all I use the internet on my phone for. :)

Making excuses for it probably makes it worse though..... :(

Oh, and the worse I do the harder I try! :D

Seems to be the way alright.
    I'm actually really out of the loop this year, I've convinced myself it's because I'm not doing well but I think I just have less time at the moment for various reasons, I don't think I belong in this thread at the moment anyway:o (thank God:pac:)
    I haven't a clue when to use my wildcard or how:o:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

When you cancel plans with a friend to make a folder on your desktop called 'FPL' that you fill with screenshotted images of permutations of your possible WC team. >_<

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

When you cancel plans with a friend to make a folder on your desktop called 'FPL' that you fill with screenshotted images of permutations of your possible WC team. >_<

Hahaha touché :P

[IMG][/img]FPL_zpszwqjt2ot.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,380 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I was flat out with work all week and planned to WC Friday night, but I had made plans with the gf, I was gonna cancel to do my wc but I couldn't bring myself to do it, I was gonna try do it at her place but she has no internet :(

I'm planning on putting an hour or two aside each night this week till I sort my team :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

When you watch Stoke City draw 0-0 with Man City in a midweek game instead of the greatest comeback in the history of European football.

And you're on the edge of your seat for those last 10 minutes.... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

When you watch Stoke City draw 0-0 with Man City in a midweek game instead of the greatest comeback in the history of European football.

Please tell me you're joking! :eek:

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Please tell me you're joking! :eek:

No I did too

Seriously considering not playing next year now
    Ruining real soccer for me

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

km79 wrote: »
    No I did too

You're not fooling anyone KM. ;)

You're not fooling anyone KM. ;)

I think it has reached tipping point

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Yup
    Done the same and I feel shameful as a united fan roaring for city to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I turned off Barca at 3-1 and watched Gogglebox :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

km79 wrote:
    Seriously considering not playing next year now Ruining real soccer for me

I think I'd probably pack it in too if I had done the same. Maybe it's because I'm having a relatively crap season but I didnt even consider it and I would consider myself slightly addicted to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

No I did too

Ruining real soccer for me[/QUOTE

If you don't play next year,
    I would make you a strong favourite to be the founding member of
    Fpl Anonymous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I don't understand why watching the game would change the outcome?

I can understand if nothing else is on and Watford play Palace and I havea player I'd stick it on, but If there was a bigger game on I'd watch that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Jesus lads, I'd consider myself an addict (my saturday moods vary depending on WBA keeping a CS!) but this is a new level altogether!

If you stuck with the City game the other night, have a strong word with yourself!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Have to say I'm a little bit relieved that I'm not the only one :D and every second fcuker I meet '' were you watching Barca last night, brilliant wasn't it'' and I'm so ashamed to admit I was watching Stoke, I'm like ''oh yeah, unreal stuff'' only to be caught out when they ask what I thought of the penalty decisions :o

I don't understand why watching the game would change the outcome?

I can understand if nothing else is on and Watford play Palace and I havea player I'd stick it on, but If there was a bigger game on I'd watch that.

Slight difference when it's your triple captain in fairness....

danganabu wrote: »
    Have to say I'm a little bit relieved that I'm not the only one :D and every second fcuker I meet '' were you watching Barca last night, brilliant wasn't it'' and I'm so ashamed to admit I was watching Stoke, I'm like ''oh yeah, unreal stuff'' only to be caught out when they ask what I thought of the penalty decisions :o

Ah now if you didn't stay up to watch the CL Highlights later then it serves ya right!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Ah now if you didn't stay up to watch the CL Highlights later then it serves ya right!! :D

I was so traumatised I went for a pint! I'm also an Arsenal fan so atm football can fcuk right off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

danganabu wrote: »
    I was so traumatised I went for a pint! I'm also an Arsenal fan so atm football can fcuk right off :D

Ouch, I imagine you were so distraught you went to bed straight after the game?

Around 10 2 10? :pac:

• Advertisement

No I did too

Hi I'm km79 and I love FF

Advertisement