Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs you're a FPL addict - Boarsie edition - Please read first post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

When your defender gets subbed off with 60 mins gone and a clean sheet and his team go on to concede. Demel was a great man for that a couple of seasons ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

When your defender gets subbed off with 60 mins gone and a clean sheet and his team go on to concede. Demel was a great man for that a couple of seasons ago.

Joey O'Brien did it one time too and got 3 bonus. Only time it ever happened me was Diarra I think he was. Defender from Arsenal on loan at Fulham and they took him off after 83 minutes and conceded at 88.

when u kick a chair and really hurt your foot because you have just seen that ings has scored 2 .

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

When you make vow of not following the FPL Website during gameplay in case in jinxes your GW, to following live points and ranking on the FFFix Website during gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

When you write poetry about other Boards members during tea/half-time breaks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

When you worry about being 1c short for everything you want to buy.

These ones are probably just me because I still watch very little football but:

Knowing what a player looks like from their FPL picture even though you've never seen them play and
    Having weird/downright wrong pronunciations for player's names because you've only read their names.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Wombatman wrote: »
    When you worry about being 1c short for everything you want to buy.

Haha, this gave me a laugh, popped into the shop after work and hadn't got my wallet. Only realised when I got to the till, emptied my pockets and had the right amount of change down to the penny.

Nearly said "thankfully there weren't any price rises last night" to the lad behind the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

You can spell Alderwiereld.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

When you score a goal on FIFA with Cazorla and instantly think "Fantasy points"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

You refer to players by abbreviations rather than their real names. I was talking to a Utd fan today and couldn't stop saying 'ADM' rather than Di Maria.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    You can spell Alderwiereld.

When you see that and instantly know you mixed up the i and e :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

When you see ManU signed Andy Kellett and think FPL Towers would be mad to price him above 4.0m

When you hope West Brom don't sign a Norwich left back so your 3.9m cheapie might get some pitch time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

When you take the family shopping because Aguero is home to Burnley, you don't have him, and YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!

Bumped for Hull this weekend haha, only discovered this thread tonight, a good read :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

When you're already worrying about the price of Southampton defenders for the 2015-16 season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

When you keep checking your main rivals team to check if has played the January wildcard! He hasnt played it yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

when you use google translate to read a Chilean newspaper for an update on Sanchez....... and you have never even owned him (the fear)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Being a West Ham fan but secretly hoping ADM grabs a hat trick to save your game week

When you start training on a tuesday night at 7 but plan to park the car around the corner to get team news and make a last minute transfer. Then arrive at training a few mins late saying you were held up in work.

When you start training on a tuesday night at 7 but plan to park the car around the corner to get team news and make a last minute transfer. Then arrive at training a few mins late saying you were held up in work.

Reminds me of this
    Could you not multitask?

Also reminds me of the time, shortly after bambino #1 arrived, when I told herself I was going up to the driving range... Spent the hour in the car park beside the driving range listening to Off The Ball, too knackered to get out of the car to hit a ball but also too smart to go home to change nappies.

• Advertisement

When you've a head on you on Monday morning and the lads in work ask you if it was a heavy weekend
    And your response is: No, didn't touch a drop................

....But 5 players only got me 6 points yesterday :(

Meeting a friend for dinner tomorrow (it's her birthday) and I'm trying to figure out how to get out of there to see the Arsenal teamsheet and decide on my transfer. My phone is too crap for the FPL app/using my transfers online so I might bring my laptop with me and say I have to do a work thing for a few minutes.

I mean that's just kinda pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,501 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Meeting a friend for dinner tomorrow (it's her birthday) and I'm trying to figure out how to get out of there to see the Arsenal teamsheet and decide on my transfer. My phone is too crap for the FPL app/using my transfers online so I might bring my laptop with me and say I have to do a work thing for a few minutes.

I mean that's just kinda pathetic.

If you were a real addict you'd have a better phone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Flying out of Dublin at 1pm tomorrow I do hope my roaming settings are spot on to make all the changes on time:D

I am really worried about the possible delays tomorrow.

Imagine being on the plane at 19:25 when friends and family are waiting for your delayed flight. And when all the team sheets are out but you have no internet access:eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

When you ring the official Manchester United ticket and hospitality hotline posing as an excited husband who has found out his wife is bringing him to old Trafford for the Burnley game but is concerned about the game being cancelled due to the tram strike so he can find out on the sly whether the game will go ahead decide on whether to keep ship Di Maria and the lack of any punctuation is completely intentional.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

When you spend your Saturday, one of your valuable days off, writing "assist?" on multiple websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

FutureGuy wrote: »
    When you ring the official Manchester United ticket and hospitality hotline posing as an excited husband who has found out his wife is bringing him to old Trafford for the Burnley game but is concerned about the game being cancelled due to the tram strike so he can find out whether the game will go ahead decide on whether to keep ship Di Maria and the lack of any punctuation is completely intentional.

When you've only just heard of said tram strike and sighed with relief on learning that it's been called off. Phew! Di Maria stays for me too.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/metrolink-strike-off-staff-not-8611377

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

When you ring the official Manchester United ticket and hospitality hotline posing as an excited husband who has found out his wife is bringing him to old Trafford for the Burnley game but is concerned about the game being cancelled due to the tram strike so he can find out whether the game will go ahead decide on whether to keep ship Di Maria and the lack of any punctuation is completely intentional.

Please tell me you actually did this. It will make me feel much more normal..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

jimmii wrote: »
    I remember the day the Yak scored 4 fondly I had taken a hit to get him in that week which made it especially sweet!

Holy jaysus.. this just triggered my memory of the time I transferred in Marcus Bent (one of the lowest priced strikers). In that GW he went on and scored a hat trick in a 5-3 win over Blackburn.. full sure an assist was in there too! my mates still can't get over 'the luck'

quick google search to find out that was in 2007!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

When you ring the official Manchester United ticket and hospitality hotline posing as an excited husband who has found out his wife is bringing him to old Trafford for the Burnley game but is concerned about the game being cancelled due to the tram strike so he can find out on the sly whether the game will go ahead decide on whether to keep ship Di Maria and the lack of any punctuation is completely intentional.

When you're willing to pay hard cash to hear the details of this phone call.

Advertisement