Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA "off topic" thread - No discussion relating to FSA or Soccer - please read post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Had no intention of watching it but sounds like it might be fun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

jimmii wrote: »
    Had no intention of watching it but sounds like it might be fun!!

I had no intention of watching it either, it was a drunken accident, but glad I did. If you liked them you’ll probably enjoy it, if you didn’t like them you’ll probably enjoy it just as much, if not more.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Anyone know a good/reliable place in Dublin to get a signed jersey framed?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Anyone know a good/reliable place in Dublin to get a signed jersey framed?

I found Frame FX in Phibsborough to be excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

*** Message for km79 ***

Can you clear some space in your inbox as I need to pm you regarding the FSA leagues.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Off on my honeymoon for four weeks, Colombia

Any guesses on what’s this going to do for my rank?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Green&Red wrote: »
    Off on my honeymoon for four weeks, Colombia

Any guesses on what’s this going to do for my rank?

I suspect that your "rank" will rise alot.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Looking at fixtures,

Is it likely that the Man Utd v Watford game on 22nd Feb, will be pushed to the 23rd as they have a game in Europe on the 20th?

Likewise is their any chance of the Man Utd v Wolves on the 1 February game moving. Could be decent shout to be a Sunday sky game?

Running a vote on the greatest sporting moment of all time over on the forum games side

Nominations have been submitted and we're at the voting stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Sunderland til I die season two on Netflix now if you've watched Tiger King and are looking for something else :)

Also the Peter crouch podcast is worth checking out if you haven't already, even if you don't like the humour he shares a lot of what it's like behind the scenes.
    The injuries and captaincy episodes would be a good start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Sunderland til I die season two on Netflix now if you've watched Tiger King and are looking for something else :)

Also the Peter crouch podcast is worth checking out if you haven't already, even if you don't like the humour he shares a lot of what it's like behind the scenes.
    The injuries and captaincy episodes would be a good start.

Carol Baskin killed Sunderland.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Happy Easter everybody!

Marcus Rashford - what an absolute hero. Hard to believe a 22yo has that kind of social conscience and is prepared to do something about it
    Himself and Sancho have really made a big impression in the last two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Green&Red wrote: »
    Marcus Rashford - what an absolute hero. Hard to believe a 22yo has that kind of social conscience and is prepared to do something about it
    Himself and Sancho have really made a big impression in the last two weeks

Haven't been following the media much - Too much noise!
    What did he do? I did see something online about him encouraging the government to extend the lunches for kids scheme or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

For any of the closet Finn Harps fans I've subtly brainwashed over the years, we're looking for a bit of a favour.....

https://www.gofundme.com/f/hometofinnpark

Anyone watch the snooker? That World Championship semi-final between Kyren Wilson and Anthony McGill will go down as one of the all-time great matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Anyone watch the snooker? That World Championship semi-final between Kyren Wilson and Anthony McGill will go down as one of the all-time great matches.

Missed most of this year's competition who is in the other semi or was that played already.

I thought Ronnies interview was classic Ronnie "they are so bad now"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭COH

Pure madness! And to win it on a fluke.... sums it up!

kilburn wrote: »
    Missed most of this year's competition who is in the other semi or was that played already.

I thought Ronnies interview was classic Ronnie "they are so bad now"

O'Sullivan and Selby are in action now.

O'Sullivan and Selby are in action now.

And it was just as good as the previous semi-final. Snooker produces some drama.

• Advertisement

Merry Christmas to all. May the coming year be more of what brings us together.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

We.
    Are.
    Top of the league. :D

I’ve been trying to reach people through PMs in relation to the FSA leagues but no luck.

With this mess of a forum it looks like people are not getting notified of PMs along with numerous other issues at play at the moment.

With this buggy new Boards look I reckon it’s going to be virtually impossible to run the FSA leagues and get them set up in time.

Should we call time on the FSA leagues?

Going by the last 3 seasons or so there is little to no discussion happening in most of the leagues throughout the season bar a handful of people including myself.

I think it’s come to the stage where the leagues are more trouble than they’re worth especially with no prize money or anything at stake only bragging rights.

Apologies for the long post but I have to get this out there now. Thoughts folks?

That would be a real shame I love that we have the league structure on the forum I think its brilliant. I don't play a lot of mini leagues and how I'm doing in my FSA match is one of the main things I check on FPL. I was thinking thinking changes would be causing problems with the sign up the whole thing is such a mess and for people popping in quickly they're not going to know where to look. On the general thread suggested a Facebook page or discord so it's easier for people to see updates?

How hard would it be to remove a league? Could that be an option?

Yeah if there's not enough managers can at least keep the ones still knocking around in the system. I always assumed there was a steady supply of managers in the qualifier ready to step up.

I don’t know man that would be really time consuming to go through all the members and who goes in what league etc.

Maybe there could be an open FSA Cup set up like we had about 5 years ago which would definitely be an enjoyable competition and wouldn’t be under time constraints like we are at the moment.

• Advertisement

Yeah something like that would be good maybe with the new in game Cup that would be easiest to do just have all the entrants in one league. Shame if the league set up does go. I'd imagine there's going to be a lot of games based on forums that will die off.

Advertisement