Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2012/2013

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

How do you make that out?? I dont think you know what you're talking about tbh.
    Do you know what you are talking about? I doubt it.

Look at the situation.

The SPL is a two team league in terms of the title. Without a respectable title race, no one will watch the league or any of the games. The competition will be even worse.

Then you have the income the OF brings to away grounds. It would harm other clubs.

In general, it would be a disaster for Scottish football and the final nail in the coffin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

Dempsey wrote: »
    Net debt is ~£20m, i think without checking

So if £18m of that debt is owed to Whyte himself, that only leaves £2m. They'd hardly go into administration over that unless they were making significant losses

KeithAFC wrote: »

Look at the situation.

The SPL is a two team league in terms of the title. Without a respectable title race, no one will watch the league or any of the games. The competition will be even worse.

Then you have the income the OF brings to away grounds. It would harm other clubs.

In general, it would be a disaster for Scottish football and the final nail in the coffin.

If you lose the tax case, administration would be the least of your worries.

Once Rangers remain in the SPL,it wouldn't think administration would have a significant effect on the league as a whole. There's another few years before the TV deal has to be renegotiated, and even then, provided Rangers are still in the SPL, the 4 games a season that Sky are primarily interested in would be assured (assuming Rangers remain in the top half). The revenue other clubs receive through Rangers visiting fans wouldn't be affected, not that it is all that significant anyway

It would infact be beneficial to some clubs if Rangers were to drop out of the top 2, as TV revenue is in part distributed relevant to final league position

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

How do you make that out?? I dont think you know what you're talking about tbh.

Look at the situation.

Don't think anyone would argue those points but your earlier post was that it wouldn't be allowed to happen, if you lose the tax cases I don't see how anyone can stop it happening?

tommyhaas wrote: »

Once Rangers remain in the SPL,it wouldn't think administration would have a significant effect on the league as a whole. There's another few years before the TV deal has to be renegotiated, and even then, provided Rangers are still in the SPL, the 4 games a season that Sky are primarily interested in would be assured. The revenue other clubs receive through Rangers visiting fans wouldn't be affected, not that it is all that significant anyway

It would infact be beneficial to some clubs if Rangers were to drop out of the top 2, as TV revenue is in part distributed relevant to final league position
    But people are talking about the club being dissolved and going out of business. Administration would make the league boring at best for like 2 seasons until The Rangers are back.

But people are talking about the club being dissolved and going out of business. Administration would make the league boring at best for like 2 seasons until The Rangers are back.

That would be liquidation. That's a possible consequence of losing the tax case. Administration is just a process whereby an Administrator does what's necessary to repay creditors. If you went into administration as a result of the tax bill, and came to an agreement with HMCR (who don't like settling), it would take far longer then 2 years to recover, unless as I said previously it was prepack administration (which would involve a new club being formed)

Leaving the tax case aside, I doubt administration is likely, and if it did happen, it wouldn't take long to recover provided the club can reduce costs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Look at the situation.

That is some of the most deluded reasoning I've read on here for a while. None of that is going to save the business side of things. You think Celtic will loan ye money so we can have a title race or something?

You think Celtic will loan ye money so we can have a title race or something?

I suspect Peter Lawwell can think of a far more cost effective way of keeping Celtic in a title race with Rangers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

tommyhaas wrote: »

Once Rangers remain in the SPL,it wouldn't think administration would have a significant effect on the league as a whole. There's another few years before the TV deal has to be renegotiated, and even then, provided Rangers are still in the SPL, the 4 games a season that Sky are primarily interested in would be assured (assuming Rangers remain in the top half). The revenue other clubs receive through Rangers visiting fans wouldn't be affected, not that it is all that significant anyway

The Sky TV deal was only renegotiated a few months ago. Part of the agreement was that Celtic must play Rangers 4 times per year in the league. If Rangers go into administration they will not be relegated but could face a deduction of points for several seasons.

They cannot possible be seen to benefit from years of 'financial doping' by a quick fix administration and a painless ten point deduction when they're cheating has probably earned them many an SPL title, scores of SPL league points and untold millions of £ as a result of this 'doping'.

Net debt is ~£20m, i think without checking

Craig Whyte is also on the record as saying that their current cost base depends on CL money.

A shocking statement considering Rangers recent past and those who think that Murray is the only person a fault here.

• Advertisement

The Sky TV deal was only renegotiated a few months ago. Part of the agreement was that Celtic must play Rangers 4 times per year in the league. If Rangers go into administration they will not be relegated but could face a deduction of points for several seasons.

That's exactly what I said. Once Rangers remain in the top half, a 10 point deduction won't effect TV revenue, or the league
    They cannot possible be seen to benefit from years of 'financial doping' by a quick fix administration and a painless ten point deduction when they're cheating has probably earned them many an SPL title, scores of SPL league points and untold millions of £ as a result of this 'doping'.

Administration wouldn't cure their financial problems, nor would it relieve them of their debt if they are found guilty. HMCR aren't know for settling either as I said, so I find it difficult to see how they could avoid liquidation should they lose. Only prepack administration would relieve them of their debt, as it would mean forming a whole new club
    Craig Whyte is also on the record as saying that their current cost base depends on CL money.

A shocking statement considering Rangers recent past and those who think that Murray is the only person a fault here.

He can't be blamed for a cost base he inherited. Its in his own interest's the reduce it, both as owner and as the clubs major creditor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

WHYTE TO SANCTION MCCOIST S.O.S. FOR RE-ENFORCEMENTS

Rangers owner Craig Whyte will answer Ally McCoist's SOS for strikers

Wednesday January 4,2012

RANGERS owner Craig Whyte will answer Ally McCoist's SOS for strikers by sanctioning a transfer swoop....but the cash won't be for former Ibrox hit-man Nacho Novo.

Whyte held brief talks with his team manager after the 3-0 win over Motherwell on Monday and assured him the lack of fit front men would be addressed as a priority case in the coming days.

With Steven Naismith missing for the season, Kyle Lafferty out for weeks with a ham string problem and Nikica Jelavic currently struggling with a groin injury and likely to leave anyway during the winter window, McCoist is desperate for re-enforcements to maintain Rangers Title challenge.

He has already targetted several possible replacements and will thrash out the fine details during a meeting with Whyte on Friday although any rumoured move for Novo is not on the agenda.

But Ibrox insiders have confirmed cash raised from the exit of Jelavic will be diverted to beef up the strike force as quickly as possible.

"Craig knows Ally needs help to bolster his attack and will address that very soon without dramatically increasing the wage bill." said a source.

"There are likely to be comings and goings in the next few weeks but bringing in another striker is certainly the priority."

Rangers had to accept one exit yesterday when THOMAS KIND BENDIKSEN walked out on his contract to return to Norway with Tromso.

The 22-year-old midfielder penned a three-year deal with the side who finished runners-up in the Tippeligaen last season.

Kind Bendiksen, who arrived at Murray Park in 2007 from Harstad, knocked back a new contract and a personal plea from Ally McCoist to stay.

"I had a very good contract offer from Rangers but I refused it," he confirmed."Troms IL is a good club and has ambitions to be even better.

"I aim to play my way to a permanent place in the team and look forward to an exciting season, both at home and not least in the Europa League."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

I admit im not too au fait with the situation which is different to you having blind faith in your bloody rangers while ignoring the reality.
    Look at the situation.

I never argued otherwise :confused:

TheBuilder wrote: »

Wednesday January 4,2012

RANGERS owner Craig Whyte will answer Ally McCoist's SOS for strikers by sanctioning a transfer swoop....but the cash won't be for former Ibrox hit-man Nacho Novo.

Whyte held brief talks with his team manager after the 3-0 win over Motherwell on Monday and assured him the lack of fit front men would be addressed as a priority case in the coming days.

With Steven Naismith missing for the season, Kyle Lafferty out for weeks with a ham string problem and Nikica Jelavic currently struggling with a groin injury and likely to leave anyway during the winter window, McCoist is desperate for re-enforcements to maintain Rangers Title challenge.

He has already targetted several possible replacements and will thrash out the fine details during a meeting with Whyte on Friday although any rumoured move for Novo is not on the agenda.

But Ibrox insiders have confirmed cash raised from the exit of Jelavic will be diverted to beef up the strike force as quickly as possible.

"Craig knows Ally needs help to bolster his attack and will address that very soon without dramatically increasing the wage bill." said a source.

"There are likely to be comings and goings in the next few weeks but bringing in another striker is certainly the priority."

Rangers had to accept one exit yesterday when THOMAS KIND BENDIKSEN walked out on his contract to return to Norway with Tromso.

The 22-year-old midfielder penned a three-year deal with the side who finished runners-up in the Tippeligaen last season.

Kind Bendiksen, who arrived at Murray Park in 2007 from Harstad, knocked back a new contract and a personal plea from Ally McCoist to stay.

"I had a very good contract offer from Rangers but I refused it," he confirmed."Troms IL is a good club and has ambitions to be even better.

"I aim to play my way to a permanent place in the team and look forward to an exciting season, both at home and not least in the Europa League."

is it too much to ask that posters quote sources for article?

Wednesday January 4,2012

If you lose Jelavic and gain Kris Boyd then that won't be a bad bit of business.

Naismith out for season, Lafferty out for two months, Jelavic looks like he's off and you've fallen beind us in the title race... I'd be hoping for some very creative solution from Whyte if I was you guys.

Given all those MILLIONS he said he was pumping into youse I'd expect the cash to be flowing any day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Wednesday January 4,2012

If you lose Jelavic and gain Kris Boyd then that won't be a bad bit of business.

Naismith out for season, Lafferty out for two months, Jelavic looks like he's off and you've fallen beind us in the title race... I'd be hoping for some very creative solution from Whyte if I was you guys.

Given all those MILLIONS he said he was pumping into youse I'd expect the cash to be flowing any day now.

He said he would put five million a year in over five years making 25m of his own money if the club couldn't reinvest through transfers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

is it too much to ask that posters quote sources for article?

Its from the express.. Or did you think I made it up myself when I was bored? :p

He said he would put five million a year in over five years making 25m of his own money if the club couldn't reinvest through transfers etc

How much of his own money has he invested so far?

Just done a bit of digging on your website to check how you're getting on up front... My God, have you guys any idea how much in trouble you are when it comes to strikers???

Using your own Squad from here - http://www.rangers.co.uk/page/Firstteamsquadindex/0,,5,00.html it shows that you have very little striking power at the moment...

Jelavic - looks like he's gone.

Naismith - Out for the season.

Fleck - Either going or gone on loan.

Lafferty - Out for up to 2 months.

So that just leaves...

Healy - Fit to play, has started one game in the last year... and that was last week where he scored.

Am I missing something here??? Are there players on your books that aren't showing up on your website cos things ain't good if all the above is accurate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Just done a bit of digging on your website to check how you're getting on up front... My God, have you guys any idea how much in trouble you are when it comes to strikers???

Using your own Squad from here - http://www.rangers.co.uk/page/Firstteamsquadindex/0,,5,00.html it shows that you have very little striking power at the moment...

So that just leaves...

Healy - Fit to play, has started one game in the last year... and that was last week where he scored.

Am I missing something here??? Are there players on your books that aren't showing up on your website cos things ain't good if all the above is accurate.

Pretty sure Ally said Fleck would not be leaving on loan if they were going to be left short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Lol, I take it McCoist saying that we desperately need strikers wasn't enough proof that we desperately need strikers bobby? :p
    Flecked is staying since laffs injury BTW.

That is some of the most deluded reasoning I've read on here for a while. None of that is going to save the business side of things. You think Celtic will loan ye money so we can have a title race or something?
    Did you read what I posted?

If Rangers went out of business, the SPL would be dead in the water. It would be a disaster for Scottish football. That is why I don't think it will happen. Administration would really hurt the league too.

Eirebear wrote: »
    Lol, I take it McCoist saying that we desperately need strikers wasn't enough proof that we desperately need strikers bobby? :p
    Flecked is staying since laffs injury BTW.

So at the moment you've only ONE fit striker (David Healy) and a makeshift one who is really an Attacking Midfielder in John Fleck, neither great (though Healy's record at international level is utterly immense).

John Fleck - Attacking Midfielder - 2 goals in 41 games for Rangers.
    David Healy - Striker - 10 goals in last 5 years (2 in 13 games for Rangers).

You should already have deals in place mate given that Whyte has publicly said that he's going to spend millions from his own pocket.

How much has he spent to date?

If Rangers went out of business, the SPL would be dead in the water. It would be a disaster for Scottish football. That is why I don't think it will happen. Administration would really hurt the league too.

If found guilty you guys should be punished and punished hard. A measly ten point deduction would be a scandal given that 'financial doping' would have earned you MILLIONS, won you some SPL titles as well as probably over 100 SPL points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Keith I think the point is that HMRC dont give a rats arse about the quality of the SPL, they do however give a rats arse about being payed.

To be clear everyone agrees it would be a disaster for the league if Rangers went bust.

HMRC are actively taking action which could see the demise of Rangers

Knowbody with an interest in the viability of the SPL is in a position to stop this action.

Why do you think it wont happen? The case will be argued on legal points and will be decided on legal points.

If they are found to owe the money (it looks like they do) they will be ordered to pay it back.

If they cant pay it back, the club will go into administration/liquidation and assets sold to raise the necessary funds.

I still dont understand why you think It wont happen? Have you heard anything different to what we heard about the case.

• Advertisement

You have your head stuck well into the sand there

bobmalooka wrote: »
    Keith I think the point is that HMRC dont give a rats arse about the quality of the SPL, they do however give a rats arse about being payed.

To be clear everyone agrees it would be a disaster for the league if Rangers went bust.

HMRC are actively taking action which could see the demise of Rangers

Knowbody with an interest in the viability of the SPL is in a position to stop this action.

Why do you think it wont happen? The case will be argued on legal points and will be decided on legal points.

If they are found to owe the money (it looks like they do) they will be ordered to pay it back.

If they cant pay it back, the club will go into administration/liquidation and assets sold to raise the necessary funds.

I still dont understand why you think It wont happen? Have you heard anything different to what we heard about the case.
    Of course HMRC don't care about the SPL, why would they? But what I am saying is there is more people who care about this case than just Rangers fans. That is why I do think we will probably get away with it. Just a feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Of course HMRC don't care about the SPL, why would they? But what I am saying is there is more people who care about this case than just Rangers fans. That is why I do think we will probably get away with it. Just a feeling.

So all the fans of the SPL will be praying for Rangers and that collective good will should be enough to see you get off the hook?

Nothing to do with what people think in these cases, it boils down to facts and the law - which could be unfortunate for Rangers.

Good point the SFA/SPL havent been shy in helping ye before :D

You could be right Keith because a lot of people have a lot riding on the outcome of the case, realistically if Rangers are to come out of this unharmed there will have to be some serious cloak and daggers stuff going on.

Knowbody involved would have a shred of credibility left. Either would our league.

Now I know we've questioned the leagues credibility for years (rightly or wrongly) but we're dismissed as paranoid.

Where would them claims stand if Rangers get off this?
    How would all this be viewed by Sky, Fifa etc.

You could be right Keith because a lot of people have a lot riding on the outcome of the case, realistically if Rangers are to come out of this unharmed there will have to be some serious cloak and daggers stuff going on.

Knowbody involved would have a shred of credibility left. Either would our league.

Now I know we've questioned the leagues credibility for years (rightly or wrongly) but we're dismissed as paranoid.

Under no circumstances will 'The Rangers' NOT be in the SPL at the end of their Big Tax Case, no matter what happens them (even if they are liquidated).

On the off chance that they are liquidated, the SPL will find some way of getting the other clubs to vote for 'The New Rangers' to be allowed into the league. The clubs will vote in favour of it, failure to do so would be the death knell of some of the clubs that they're reliant on Celtic and Rangers and all the money that comes from clinging to the coat-tails of both clubs.

• Advertisement

So that just leaves...

Digging Bobby get a grip it would not have taken any digging you either at the wind up or do you think we are stupid lets put it this way if Celtic were in this state re strikers would you know I reckon the answer to that would be yes so you can guess my answer any Rangers fan with half a brain will give you
    Oh Flecks loan has been stopped

Under no circumstances will 'The Rangers' NOT be in the SPL at the end of their Big Tax Case, no matter what happens them (even if they are liquidated).

On the off chance that they are liquidated, the SPL will find some way of getting the other clubs to vote for 'The New Rangers' to be allowed into the league. The clubs will vote in favour of it, failure to do so would be the death knell of some of the clubs that they're reliant on Celtic and Rangers and all the money that comes from clinging to the coat-tails of both clubs.

FIFA & UEFA will be perfectly ok with all of this corruption never mind the fact that any vote would need a 11:1 majority to succeed.

The league titles will stand what have sky got to do with it other than the SPL would be in the crap of we aren't in it

Its from the express.. Or did you think I made it up myself when I was bored? :p

Just interested, i like to know who's been quoted. Im a bit of an annoying **** with things like this.:)

But nobody was talking about them going out of business, it was administration that was being discussed which you stated clearly would not happen.

Digging Bobby get a grip it would not have taken any digging you either at the wind up or do you think we are stupid lets put it this way if Celtic were in this state re strikers would you know I reckon the answer to that would be yes so you can guess my answer any Rangers fan with half a brain will give you

I'm not sure what you mean mate... I went checking your website to see did you have reserve players who are with the first team who could be called upon, according to your website your FIRST team squad has ONE recognised fit striker... I fail to see what's wrong with pointing that out.

Do you still NOT own your youth team? Remember businessmen bought it a good few years back?

The league titles will stand what have sky got to do with it other than the SPL would be in the crap of we aren't in it

Everything above is very hypothetically but if things panned out like the discussion earlier, would sky have any interest in a league which could easily be perceived to be corrupt?
    would the viewers?
    would you broxi?

would you still follow your club if they were proven to be financial cheats and then protected for the SFA's financial interests?would you view your club in the same light?

Equally this could all be avoided, perhaps there are circumstances we dont know about which could work in Rangers favour.

But nobody was talking about them going out of business, it was administration that was being discussed which you stated clearly would not happen.
    Well it wasn't long ago that Phil clown was going on about the Rangers going out of business.

Everything above is very hypothetically but if things panned out like the discussion earlier, would sky have any interest in a league which could easily be perceived to be corrupt?
    would the viewers?
    would you broxi?

would you still follow your club if they were proven to be financial cheats and then protected for the SFA's financial interests?would you view your club in the same light?

Equally this could all be avoided, perhaps there are circumstances we dont know about which could work in Rangers favour.

We have no reason to believe there was any corruption
    As for SKY I know they wouldn't be interested in showing the SPL without Rangers as the new deal shows without either of the big two

That is what I was saying. Fingers in pies and all that.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure what you mean mate... I went checking your website to see did you have reserve players who are with the first team who could be called upon, according to your website your FIRST team squad has ONE recognised fit striker... I fail to see what's wrong with pointing that out.

Do you still NOT own your youth team? Remember businessmen bought it a good few years back?

Another Murray own goal I am not sure if that is the case though I imagine if it is it won't be for long now he doesn't ow n the club any more

As for SKY I know they wouldn't be interested in showing the SPL without Rangers as the new deal shows without either of the big two

HMRC would beg to differ i'd imagine. I think the fact Rangers have a case to answer suggests its a real possability in all fairness Broxi.

I'm only trying to find out what would the boards rangers fans would feel about their club if proven to have committed offences during this tax case.

HMRC would beg to differ i'd imagine. I think the fact Rangers have a case to answer suggests its a real possability in all fairness Broxi.

I'm only trying to find out what would the boards rangers fans would feel about their club if proven to have committed offences during this tax case.
    Sorry not paying tax when it was within the law and HMRC changing the law retrospectively for me means there was no corruption

Sorry not paying tax when it was within the law and HMRC changing the law retrospectively for me means there was no corruption

But that's not what happened.

Rangers never played by the rules and got caught. They didn't get caught because the law was changed, they got caught because they BROKE the law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Think Keith just got 'administration' and 'liquidation' mixed up, two very different scenarios with the latter obviously the far more serious.
    Well it wasn't long ago that Phil clown was going on about the Rangers going out of business.

While it is probably the least likely of the three possible outcomes Keith it is very much a possibility, and your perceived view that Rangers are somehow too big to have this happen to them is laughable in the extreme, who exactly is going to bail them out if they lose the HMRC case?

Personally I think adminstration at the end of this season is the most likely outcome, Rangers will start the 2012/13 season on minus 10 points and will have all transfer activity limited/suspended for a certain period.

I never mentioned him. it was you who clearly stated that rangers would not go into administration, a view based on nothing but gut feelings it seems. Still stand by that position?

when was dodging tax within the law? maybe you are confused with the taxman closing an ambigious loophole that shouldnt have been exploited in the first place. rangers are just the test case for taking several other football clubs to court over tax evasion

case closed then :D

would the viewers?
    would you broxi?

I don't think the moral dilemma is that severe. It the case goes against them, they are at worst guilty of tax evasion, and at best guilty of naively believing they were engaged in tax avoidance. Certainly the consequences of o such an outcome would I imagine be of far greater concern to anyone connected to the club then any moral conundrum regarding tax avoidance

I'm amazed that Craig Whyte has said with such certainty that the club will not fold. If the case were to go against them, it would be difficult to see how they could carry on. They're net assets would be of similar value to their debt, and their profit is minimal relatively speaking (£76k according to the unaudited figures). The only reason I could see for Whyte making such a claim is that he is extremely confident that he'll win the tax case

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Interested outsider here.

If something did happen where Rangers had to fold due to debst owed to revenue, is there any fans group in place to set up a new club (an FC Rangers of Glasgow type situation)? Or similar to what happened in Cork and Derry recently when their clubs had to fold due to financial mismanagement?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement