Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eliminating pick-up hum

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I'd imagine he does. TBH, it's not hard work. If you were in the North-East, I'd offer to do it for you for a couple of pints.

Jazz bass eh? Hmm, trying to get that 5 string of mine fixed up. Still haven't found tuners for it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Goran, I have a strat too, just found some rooms are noisier than others. I have some aluminium foil tape that'll do the trick just fine :D

Tbh, I think the 2 position (bridge and middle) sound great and I'd use those.

Then again, I don't have any single coil guitars :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

just found some rooms are noisier than others.

well, then i might just have to go back to Plan A - tell the missus to move out so i can spread out my guitar stuff in the other room :D

Don't tell her to move out, just tell her to know her place ;):D

• Advertisement

WOMEN%20KNOW%20YOUR%20LIMITS.jpg

Women, Know Your Limits!

ok, i'll go with the diplomatic approach first:"From now on, you'll dry your hair in the garden". :D

What, this? *God bless America and our men and women in uniform* :D

Just kidding....

That's a good site man...i was reading about shielding over the past couple of days (feylya's link was an eye-opener for me) and it's something that i will most definitely do. I'm very sceptical about doing it myself, so i'll probably have it done professionally.

Advertisement