Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blizzard cuts off Iranian gamers

2»

Comments

The Shah was put in power during the war, not after. If you don't understand my references then just leave it, no need to make yourself look silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Rojomcdojo wrote: »
    The Shah was put in power during the war, not after. If you don't understand my references then just leave it, no need to make yourself look silly.

The coup I am referring to took place in 1953, not during World War 2...... If you can't even get the timeline for the coup right, then you have no business lecturing anyone about history.

Here is a wiki page (yes i know wiki is not completely accurate sometimes, but date is fairly well known so noT much worry in that regard):
    1953 Iranian coup d'état

Oh, so now you specify that you were only referring to the 1953 Coup, rather than any of the other events including the Shah originally being put into place.

Whose Iran would you prefer to live in?

Oh, so now you specify that you were only referring to the 1953 Coup, rather than any of the other events including the Shah originally being put into place.

Oh dear, you really don't read anything you reply to:
    wes wrote: »
    The Shah was put in power, after the CIA got rid of a democracy.....

I was clearly referring to 1953, as a democracy existed before the coup........ I made no references, with one Shah being removed and replaced by another, which would be a completely different thing altogether.
    Whose Iran would you prefer to live in?

The secular democratic one that the US and the Brits got rid of. Silly question btw.

Wait just a second, are you trying to say that the mess of a goverment Iran had pre-1953 was in any way shape or form a sufficient form of rule? I would say that it was a shambles from which only populist nonsense came such as the nationalization of the oil industry.

Bad move by a dodgy government that would probably have had the country in a far worse place in 1978 than the Shah did. Of course thats just my own assessment...

Wait just a second, are you trying to say that the mess of a goverment Iran had pre-1953 was in any way shape or form a sufficient form of rule? I would say that it was a shambles from which only populist nonsense came such as the nationalization of the oil industry.

Bad move by a dodgy government that would probably have had the country in a far worse place in 1978 than the Shah did. Of course thats just my own assessment...

All I see are more excuses for those who put a despot in power.

So what if the democracy was a mess. Democracy can be messy sometimes, but it is always better than rule by Kings or Theocrats imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

this whole thread reminded me of this scene from beyond thunderdone..

Advertisement