Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Respray & blending!!

Options
  • 28-05-2012 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭

I am looking to get a scratch removed and the guy who looked at it said it would need a respray of the panel- scratch is pretty bad so no issue with that.

However he said they will have to 'blend' into the panel beside it due to the type of colour and finish (like a dark purple/ pearl finish).

Is this common? And if so will it be noticable that one panel was resprayed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,587 ✭✭✭tossy

TRS30 wrote: »
    I am looking to get a scratch removed and the guy who looked at it said it would need a respray of the panel- scratch is pretty bad so no issue with that.

However he said they will have to 'blend' into the panel beside it due to the type of colour and finish (like a dark purple/ pearl finish).

Is this common? And if so will it be noticable that one panel was resprayed?

Very common and won't be noticeable at all if done by a good painter,i would insist on seeing some of his previous work before letting him loose on my car though and even at that try and see some old work not work just out of his shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭The Tyre Dude

Blending is the only way to go, nothing looks worse than one panel a slightly different shade to the adjacent panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

tossy wrote: »
    Very common and won't be noticeable at all if done by a good painter,i would insist on seeing some of his previous work before letting him loose on my car though and even at that try and see some old work not work just out of his shop.
    Blending is the only way to go, nothing looks worse than one panel a slightly different shade to the adjacent panel.

Thanks guys- I ask if he has work that he can show me.

What would be an average price if he has to bend into two other panels, say a door and a rear panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Anyone got any thoughts on price before I ring them?

Advertisement