Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTX 770

Options
  • 23-05-2014 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi Lads. Im looking to get the above gpu. There are many different brands out there. What would you recommend for gaming? Also there is 2GB and 4GB. Should I go 4GB for future proofing. Is there a particular GTX 770 that the gamers on here recommend? Thanks for your time, any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭DERPY DERPFACE

No need for the 4gb it's just a gimmick. If you are thinking 4gb think 280x.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Vince086

Got myself the Asus GTX 770 not too long ago and been happy with it. Farcry 3, saints row 4, all preform great at max settings.
    If you search for the card on hardwareversand and sort by topseller I don't think you can go wrong with the first couple of ones.
    Be sure to use the discount site to save a few euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ChoppersX

I have the EVGA 770 2GB SC with ACX cooling, its a great card no problems running most games in Ultra.

Depending on what monitor setup you are going for, what type of game you are playing i.e. SKYRIM with a ****load of mods or some video editing program which takes adv of the extra vram... These should dictate what version of the gfx card you get.

Personally I would get a 780 or look at cheaper/better AMD alternative because when you add in the extra cost when purchasing the 4GB version it does not represent value for money when you could add a little extra and get a better card with a minimum of 3GB of ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭crazydom

Recommend the 2GB Twin Frozr MSI GTX 770

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭andromeda76

crazydom wrote: »
    Recommend the 2GB Twin Frozr MSI GTX 770

I was recommended this by a friend I know.
    http://www.hardwareversand.de/en/3072+MB/110766/Sapphire+Radeon+R9+280X+Dual-X+OC%2C+870MHz%2C+3GB+GDDR5%2C+2x+DVI%2C+HDMI%2C+DisplayPort%2C+lite+retail.article.

It's a bit cheaper. Anyone here have one?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

Wait, you posted this in May, have you not already bought the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭crazydom

The GTX 770 from MSI makes little to no noise and temps are very good. I had a 4850 X2 from Sapphire in a previous build and was very unhappy with the noise levels of the card!

Wait, you posted this in May, have you not already bought the card?

No, I haven't got around to it yet. I'll be picking one up in sept. So I have a month to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

New Maxwell gpus coming in September. If you're not going to buy until September, you should wait until they launch to see what happens. Even if you don't want the new 880/870, there's a good chance the existing models will get a price chop.

Luck100 wrote: »
    New Maxwell gpus coming in September. If you're not going to buy until September, you should wait until they launch to see what happens. Even if you don't want the new 880/870, there's a good chance the existing models will get a price chop.

Interesting, looks like I'll wait then. Might get a 780 or 770 cheaper. The new card seems to performs much the same as the old according to that article.

• Advertisement
Advertisement