Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

123 insurance

Options
  • 01-02-2012 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

What are they like.I got a qoute today for €350 other companies were charging €550 to €700 fully comp.how are they so cheap.? know there is an excess of €300 but i dont mind that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

It's an RSA policy and its generally fine. Any specific concerns?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭aido76

I have been with 123 for the last few years. Haven't made a claim yet (touch wood) so not sure how that are at paying out. Only watchout is they charge €40 if you need to change insurance from one car to another during the term. I think they charge €40 for any change you make to your insurance during the term, maybe this is why they can offer cheap insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,030 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

With them a few years and no problems really. Had a small crash and it took a while to pay out though. But 123 are only brokers so its not them that were delaying the payout

Just got a quote from them as insurance is up in next 2 week.

Aviva want €1800 (roughly, pay monthly).

123 quoted me - wait for it- €1140!! (albeit, the want €370 up front, but stil its nearly €700 less!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭tommy26

they just seem too good to be true.My car is worth a grand so not going to pay €600 or €700 for insurance,i have 5 years NCB aswell.thanks for the replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Had my renewal recently from aviva looking for €890. 123 gave it to me for €390 fully comp. For a 3.2L!! Iove 123.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I have been with them for 4 years and they have always been the cheapest. I have fully comp Nissan Micra - 300. :D
    Never made a claim though so cant give any info on that but had my windscreen replaced last winter with no problems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

Swampy wrote: »
    Had my renewal recently from aviva looking for €890. 123 gave it to me for €390 fully comp. For a 3.2L!! Iove 123.

I'm with you on that Swampy. I had been with Quinn for years and then they asked silly money on my renewal, with full ncb etc. Seems like they are either trying to recoup losses or just drive business away. Anyway, 123 came in at almost half what Quinn wanted on a 1.4 Rover and only €70 more for a 3.2 Jag like Swampy, fully comp and all the whistles and bells. I haven't had cause to claim, touch wood, but we all hope and expect not to have to. So the excess isn't an issue and you are road legal, simples!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭Damien360

Almost the same story here. I was with 123 for 2 years with no claims and they were always cheaper. But, at renewal time in May, they jumped up from 350 to 550 and would not budge. Usual guff about large claims from I went back to FBD with a quote for 490.

123 then offered to lower it to match but when I compared the policy to FBD, the FBD was a better one in relation to fire brigade charges and rental car if my car was off the road for major repair.

Can we get it straight that 123 are a tied agent to Royal and Sun Alliance? A broker?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

123 are owned by RSA - they were bought last year I believe.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0728/breaking25.html

Edit: Bought 2010 - time flys.......

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I often wonder about the quotes they give sometimes...

1.6 MX5 (2002ish) for a year 1000
    330ci around the same vintage is exactly the same...what the hell!?

Does someone want to give me money for the tax for a year?!:D

Just incase it's important to you, I'm pretty sure driving of other cars is excluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Just incase it's important to you, I'm pretty sure driving of other cars is excluded.

It's not. Also includes breakdown assist, windscreen cover etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Leo Dowling

Went with them for €250 for the bottom rung cover. The disc fits into my disc holder perfectly and the guards can't bring me to court. Job done.

It's not. Also includes breakdown assist, windscreen cover etc.

yeh my friend said hers doesn't included it but she could be on an old (pre rsa) policy

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Went with them for €250 for the bottom rung cover. The disc fits into my disc holder perfectly and the guards can't bring me to court. Job done.

Huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

MugMugs wrote: »
    Can we get it straight that 123 are a tied agent to Royal and Sun Alliance? A broker?

http://www.123.ie/misc/about.htm
    We arrange products with the following providers:

Product - Provider
    Private Motor, Home and Travel Insurance - RSA Insurance Ireland Limited
    Pet Insurance - Red Sands Insurance Company (Europe) Limited
    Life Assurance - Caledonian Life, Canada Life, Zurich Life, Aviva Life and Pensions, New Ireland Life Assurance

MugMugs wrote: »

http://www.123.ie/misc/about.htm
    We arrange products with the following providers:

Product - Provider
    Private Motor, Home and Travel Insurance - RSA Insurance Ireland Limited
    Pet Insurance - Red Sands Insurance Company (Europe) Limited
    Life Assurance - Caledonian Life, Canada Life, Zurich Life, Aviva Life and Pensions, New Ireland Life Assurance

Your point? Are you on a pets forum? Or a travel forum? Or a life forum?
    123 are a tied agent of RSA.... What aspect of that statement changes from what you posted exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaleRider

I got quote for 250. But will not give quote for 17yold until I insure with them first. Any advice on what they charge for 17yold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Jimbob 83

PaleRider wrote: »
    I got quote for 250. But will not give quote for 17yold until I insure with them first. Any advice on what they charge for 17yold.

That doesn't make any sense, what happens you agree to be insured by them and then you hear this over the phone ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTmXHvGZiSY&feature=player_detailpage#t=33s

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭ei9go

get a quote from Brittion Insurances, they seem to have companies that you don't find anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

Was with 123 for 3 years but changed car at the beginning of the year and they wanted an extra €250 to go from a 231bhp RX8 to a 2.0l diesel :confused:

Ended up saving €300 going to Zurich...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Was with 123 for 3 years but changed car at the beginning of the year and they wanted an extra €250 to go from a 231bhp RX8 to a 2.0l diesel :confused:

Ended up saving €300 going to Zurich...

But still lost out overall... :(

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

True :(

But saving €50 a week in fuel :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I often wonder about the quotes they give sometimes...

1.6 MX5 (2002ish) for a year 1000
    330ci around the same vintage is exactly the same...what the hell!?

Does someone want to give me money for the tax for a year?!

i just insured my 325ci with them for E250 for the year. 28 year old male 4 years ncb, 3 year full license... that was for TPFT Lite :)

Advertisement