Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

old type log book new owner.

Options
  • 28-05-2012 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

hi i sold a 97 caddy the other day and i had a old style log book. a green one.

i got the owner to sign it on the back.

i read it the other day and it said to give it to the new owner.

but i dont whant to so. what do i do. it dosent have the registerd owners name on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Send it off in the new owners presence.

Are you saying the cert doesn't have the current (up till you sold it) owners name on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭farrellniall

yes ????? it just has the deatails of the van.

You sure it's not the old reg cert and not the vehicle licensing certificate?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Do you have the new owners name & address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭little swift

go in to the tax office and get a change of ownership form fill it out and send it off with the old log book, better still hand it into the tax office and get them to send it off they should have all the info.

• Advertisement

go in to the tax office and get a change of ownership form fill it out and send it off with the old log book, better still hand it into the tax office and get them to send it off they should have all the info.

It's a 97 not a 77 :)

yes its defo a reg cert.

yes i have his name and address.

If its a reg cert then you've got the wrong one, that cert is just for changes of ownership before first taxing.

You need a VLC as opposed to a first registration cert

who would i get that. ???? thats all the prevoise owner give me.

• Advertisement

yes but it dosnt have the top piece.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The "top piece" is just a posting address.

so where do i sent it to. ??????

You (or rather whoever you got the van off, assuming you're not a proper motor trader) needs to complete an rf134 application for replacement documents form, they fill it out and bring it the guards, then it's sent off to Shannon where a replacement cert is posted to the previous owner

You get it off them, fill in the new owners details and they get the new cert in the post.

Prob be a few weeks before its resolved

Just to reiterate, if you have the cert as in the link provided, it's of absolutely no use to anyone.

and y its this. i have this reg cert. can i nt just send that to shannon ???

It's not a proof of ownership, it's just a receipt you get when you register the vehicle for the first time.

ok thanks so i have to go trought a hole big thing now.

ok thanks so i have to go trought a hole big thing now.

i dont no the last owner. ????

Yep, the rf134 can be printed off google, I'd suggest you pre fill it out with the details you have on the reg cert (chassis number etc) give it to him and make sure he gets it sorted

Surely you know who you bought it off?

hi thanks every one i got the book of the last owner. he forgot he had it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement