Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Guards about Glencar all day

• 11-02-2012 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi new to the forums here but thought i would ask if anyone knew whats goin on in glencar today the guards have been about continuously since 10 this morning both marked and unmarked cars if anyone has any idea could you post and let me know please...

many thanks concerned parent

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

074 9167100 is their phone number. Give them a buzz and ask.

There was an accident at mountain top at 5 that involved the emergency services but I doubt that would effect the Glencar area.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mk2

074 9167100 is their phone number. Give them a buzz and ask.

There was an accident at mountain top at 5 that involved the emergency services but I doubt that would effect the Glencar area.
    I seen a known creeper burglar around the area on Tuesday evening unless he hit a few houses and they're on the look out for him,keep the cars and houses locked up folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

you do realise there was a murder near there a few days ago and rumours of a vigilanty group having forced several others from their homes.....hence the increased presence of gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

PCPhoto wrote: »
    you do realise there was a murder near there a few days ago and rumours of a vigilanty group having forced several others from their homes.....hence the increased presence of gardai.

There was a murder in Buncrana, didn't hear of one in Letterkenny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

well...the gardai cant just patrol there - there could be an investigation which has led them to Glencar, someone who is involved in a crime is hardly going to wait around near the scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,271 ✭✭✭✭K-9

PCPhoto wrote: »

Hadn't heard of a murder, just a suicide.

I had heard about the vigilante part though, apparently connected to the creeper burglar mk2 referenced.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

What is a creeper burglar?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,271 ✭✭✭✭K-9

annascott wrote: »
    What is a creeper burglar?

Not up with street cred! But somebody who just burgles everything in a locality, maybe even in their own locality.

Your "ordinary decent criminal" is a bit more selective and so doesn't bring as much attention on themselves!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement