Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People Carrier/Family Car

• 31-07-2014 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭

Hi all sorry if this has been covered before

can anyone recommend a good people carrier or family car

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We've had two 7 seater MPVs...
    1.6 petrol Zaferia. Nice car, bit gutless and the rear most seats are a total pain in the hole to raise/lower.
    1.6 diesel Citroen C4 Grand Picasso, nice to drive really comfortable, economical for a large car (47-8 mpg), seats easily raised and lowered and they aren't too bad for bigger children/teens on a long journey. power enough, we've pulled the caravan with it and it had no problems. People are afraid of reliability, but we've found it very good and only minor niggles other than servicing, considerably cheaper than the VW/Ford similar vehicles. Friend has one and its also been reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Knowing a rough budget, type of driving done, number of seats and space required would be helpful for giving advice here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Knowing a rough budget, type of driving done, number of seats and space required would be helpful for giving advice here too.

ok i suppose a 12k budget, thats not necessarily the limit for the right machine

2 adults and 3 kids and associated baggage

general family run around and holiday car, driving to france etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

We have an S-Max like this one, and it is the business. Big, comfy, drives well, air conditioning, cruise control. Ours is an 08 like that, but on double that mileage, no major issues. (That one looks to be a UK import, so either the 1 owner or the private sale is untrue...)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I have a Ford Galaxy and it is a fantastic car for 3 kids,it has loads of boot space and loads of foot space and all the seats are full size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

I have a Mazda 5. Sliding doors are the job and multiple seat combinations.
    But my advice is... Try them all. Goto dealers climb into them, take them for test drives. See which one suits you. Everyone is different.I must have spent 2 days climbing into/driving different models.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,021 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Broken record here ..... gonna give another recommendation for my trusty Honda FR-V - 6 seater. But 6 decent seats, not 5 + 2 for infants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Goto dealers climb into them

Yes - and if your kids use child seats or boosters, try putting those in and see where they work. Some cars are a lot less flexible than they look - which of the car's seats have Isofix?

Some people think "Oh, I'd never be able to park a bus that size!", but a bit of practice (and some sensors!) and you'll have no problems.

Advertisement