Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many hours a day do you spend looking at yourself in the mirror?

• 23-08-2013 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

I usually spend an hour in the morning before i shower, i also weigh myself and if needed shave during this period.

I take frequent toilet breaks during the day to have a have a quick glance, usually no more than 5 minutes at a time.

During my evening shower i usually spend about a half hour or so, depending on if i am going somewhere or not.

I used to look at myself in the car mirrors every few seconds out of habit, but i stopped as it is dangerous - now its every minute or so.

How many hours a day do you look at yourself?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

have done 6 hour stints. Average about 3 a day I'd say! Besides going on computer it's all I do, that and lie in bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

As little time as humanly possible. Sometimes it's lunchtime before I see myself in the mirror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Royal.Baby wrote: »
    I usually spend an hour in the morning before i shower, i also weigh myself and if needed shave during this period.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_tjS9yOHA4VM/TTzdUOqPT2I/AAAAAAAAABI/8WB2Xyq07uU/s200/patrick+bateman.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I like to keep my dinner down as long as possible so I tend to avoid any reflections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

I take frequent toilet breaks during the day to have a have a quick glance, usually no more than 5 minutes at a time.

During my evening shower i usually spend about a half hour or so, depending on if i am going somewhere or not.

I used to look at myself in the car mirrors every few seconds out of habit, but i stopped as it is dangerous - now its every minute or so.

Are ya well ? Cause you're not looking well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Hours a day?? Seriously??

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭hansfrei

I'm so vain, I used to put mirrors on my shoes to check my underwear was clean. Subsequently used them to make sure other peoples underwear was clean also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Sometimes I look into a mirror and I don't recognise the person staring back.

It's at that point I realise I am staring through a restaurant window.

I'm in front of a mirror with work all day and I very rarely see myself! Fcuk

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭hansfrei

I'm in front of a mirror with work all day and I very rarely see myself! Fcuk

What do you work as? A vampire?

• Advertisement

hansfrei wrote: »
    What do you work as? A vampire?

Got it in one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

The Royal Baby has gained sentience quickly!

Well, limited sentience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

I rarely look in a mirror, so much so that I often forget what I look like.
    Don't use it for showering or washing. Just never bother.I'd say I see myself at most 24 times a year in a mirror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Royal.Baby

To be honest the only reason i talk to people is so i can get a glimpse of my reflection in there eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Got it in one :)

you're a hairdresser? Go anywhere nice on your holidays?

efb wrote: »
    your a hairdresser? Go anywhere nice on your holidays?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Once every few weeks when I have to shave,and every now and then after using the jacks I'll look in the mirror and give myself an auld fella type wink.Wouldn't even add up to an hour every year probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Like a good bit, constantly checking if my hair is right, even when I'm having a lazy day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

hansfrei wrote: »
    I'm so vain, I used to put mirrors on my shoes to check my underwear was clean. Subsequently used them to make sure other peoples underwear was clean also.

I could certainly rationalize a woman refusing help from someone with mirrors on their shoes:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Like a good bit, constantly checking if my hair is right, even when I'm having a lazy day.
    Always delivers. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 96 ✭✭Dee5

In front of mirrors all day in work so constantly SEE myself, but never get the time to LOOK at myself TBTF

Always delivers. :pac:

I have longish hair though so I have to check it looks alright, seriously one stray hair can ruin everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

I have longish hair though so I have to check it looks alright, seriously one stray hair can ruin everything.
    Everything? Seriously?

Ruin it how???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Around an hour every night.
    But the mirror is on the bedroom ceiling

And it's not me I'm looking at!!

Giggedy Giggedy Giggedy!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,608 ✭✭✭Chareth Cutestory

Less than an hour, every hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

Once every few weeks when I have to shave,and every now and then after using the jacks I'll look in the mirror and give myself an auld fella type wink.Wouldn't even add up to an hour every year probably.

Ha, I do this

Everything? Seriously?

Well can be the difference between 'omg you look like you should be in One Direction' and 'omg did you even have a shower this morning?'

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭peewee_44

without a doubt less than an hour a day

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1 borabbit

I usually look at myself in the mirror only several minutes in the morning. I am busy on my job. After knock off,I go to sleep before 10 pm because of the tired feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Well can be the difference between 'omg you look like you should be in One Direction' and 'omg did you even have a shower this morning?'
    That would be tragic alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

A quick look in the rear view mirror of my car makes me avoid all other mirrors for the day. I choose to believe it adds ten years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Most of the time, I don't look at my reflection before leaving the house. :o

Check out my rear in windows a lot though. Dat ass. :cool:

:pac:

have done 6 hour stints. Average about 3 a day I'd say! Besides going on computer it's all I do, that and lie in bed.

Two words for you: mirrored ceiling. :cool:

Like a good bit

Shocking.

:P:pac:

• Advertisement

Dayum, sucks not to have natural beauty. :P

Fuk all since I stopped getting acne.. A couple of minutes tops if ya add in brushing my teeth and the odd 3 second glance to see if my hair is looking normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

I have staring competitions with myself in the mirror. Bouts usually last between 2.5 and 11 hours long. Record is 16 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Just check after food whenever I remember so there isn't any food around me mouth

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 Berdych

Never. I can't take the pain of seeing my ugly face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

HOURS???

Added up during the day, I'd be lucky if it adds up to half an hour, less on the weekend as I don't wear makeup then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

That would be tragic alright.

Which one of the two? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,450 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I'm going to venture a silly question and ask what are you doing for an hour if you're going to have a shower?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,305 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm a man, so about 5 minutes a day whilst brushing my teeth & washing my face. Also about 20 minutes every few days when shaving the head, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

I'd say your a right oul yolk to pull.

Not hating but are you gay? I'm a guy maaan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Royal.Baby

kneemos wrote: »
    I'm going to venture a silly question and ask what are you doing for an hour if you're going to have a shower?

Looking in the mirror from different angles and positions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Jonny Blaze

In soviet Russia, mirror looks at YOU!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Over an entire day? 2-3 minutes if even that much. When im brushing my teeth and when washing my hands after going to the toilet and thats enough for me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement