Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New axe or a new axe handle ?

• 18-11-2013 11:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭

So the handle has broken in my axe .

A new axe costs nearly €30 , even though I only need one for cutting small blocks .

Which would you buy .

Don't know how much a new handle cost , and I wonder is it easy to out a new handle in the old axe .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

A new axe costs nearly €30 , even though I only need one for cutting small blocks .

Which would you buy .

Don't know how much a new handle cost , and I wonder is it easy to out a new handle in the old axe .

sorry your on the wrong forum but it would come in handy around here at times

but to answer your question no its not a big job handle rough price about a tenner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

I know a man who'll fix it, and at a discount.

I know a man who'll fix it, and at a discount.

who billy u cant leave us in limbo and whats the discount structure
    and how far will he travel ?????;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

It's that Scudo, i hear he's looking for an axe.

It's that Scudo, i hear he's looking for an axe.

will probably want a discount so

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 338 ✭✭Crazy Eye

Which would you buy .

long handled fibreglass axes recently sellin for 14 euro in a lidl and aldi or about 18 euro for one in a builders providers

chopping wood song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Crazy Eye wrote: »
    long handled fibreglass axes recently sellin for 14 euro in a lidl and aldi or about 18 euro for one in a builders providers
    Not recomended for use near patio doors !!
    I still have the handel if OP needs it !

scudo2 wrote: »

thats why you go down the back of the garden and chop the wood well away from anything that may be in the firing line , or chop up the wood on site before transporting it home for the fire

scudo2 wrote: »

dont drink beer either as bad things happen when you drink beer and try to chop or cut wood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Bought a new axe with fibre handle 19.95e - should last many years

Advertisement