Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Loan- Transfer of Ownership

Options
  • 29-04-2010 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭

My final payment of a car loan I took out 5 years ago was 40 euro larger than all my previous payments. I rang my bank who told me it was for transfer of ownership !

Anyone any experience on this, they said it was mentioned in the contract so I asked to see it and now they say will send it but they sent me terms and conditions which were very vague and nothing that had my signature on it.

I have had problems with this bank before so its my narural inclination not to trust them. Are they correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

I have come across this before on some commercial lease agreements.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭rameire

this is common for car loans.
    teh first and last payment are higher for admin cost reasons.
    there is a way around though
    if you know you are comng up to your last payment.
    what you do is you redeem the payment plan when there are two payments to go, thus they will not look for the extra admin cost.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 cogITere

golfball37 wrote: »
    My final payment of a car loan I took out 5 years ago was 40 euro larger than all my previous payments. I rang my bank who told me it was for transfer of ownership !

Anyone any experience on this, they said it was mentioned in the contract so I asked to see it and now they say will send it but they sent me terms and conditions which were very vague and nothing that had my signature on it.

I have had problems with this bank before so its my narural inclination not to trust them. Are they correct?

This is also know as the "Purchase Instalment" or "Completion Fee" and applies to all Hire Purchase agreements.

More information on HP can be found on the following website:

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/money-and-tax/personal-finance/loans-and-credit/hire_purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

Advertisement