Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky to launch 2 new channels

• 23-07-2005 11:24pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Plans are at an advanced stage for the launch of 2 new channels from Sky. Sky TWO and Sky THREE.

Full details can be found here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,945 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Nothing really new though by the looks of it, just splitting existing content over 3 channels. Expect even more repeats to fill the vacant slots I'm betting, though at least we know what the justification for the upcoming price increase wil be... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

sky three will be repeats of sky two repeats, of sky mix repeats of sky one, so if you miss say road wars on monday night on sky one you can see it on tuesday night on sky mix, wednesday night on sky two and thursday night on sky three, friday, saturday and sunday nights will be filled of other crap like shows from our 03 04 line up of shows like dream team, mirium and best of the villa.:D

wow now i know what 65 quid pays for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Sky Mix is changing to Sky Two. It's really only Sky Three which is new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Was there not a Sky Two a few years back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Shamrok wrote:
    Was there not a Sky Two a few years back?
    yeah, it was on the analogue sky, i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,945 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

dmeehan wrote:
    yeah, it was on the analogue sky, i think
    It was... in 1996 - lasted a year then replaced by Fox Kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Sky Two was mainly Star Trek IIRC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Some of the Shopping channels are better than Sky. I told them I would only renew my sub if I could get a package NOT including any Sky channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Who needs sky+ with this sort of a scenario, several channels already have +1hr, this will be quite handy pity they wouldn't think of something original though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Sky+ is handy if you're a shift worker

record it at 10.30pm and watch it at 8.30am kind of thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

what was before sky?

i asked a mate this and he tried to remember and couldnt and i cant either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

what was before sky?

i asked a mate this and he tried to remember and couldnt and i cant either

BSB (British satellite broadcasting), was before sky took them over to become british sky broadcasting, its amazing to know that sky started as one channel called the sky channel on cable in the 80's.

more info here http://thetvroom.com/area-c/sky/m-sky.shtml

this site is better for old sky videos, click on sky on the left
    http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/

Advertisement